• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Gladiator Gear (Force Unleased 2 Trailer)

Guest DZ-6489

Guest DZ-6489

I fugured I would start a new post on Starkiller's outfit in the 1st Force Unleashed II trailer. Seems fairly simple. Shirt appears to be a simple grey ribbed v-neck. He's also has some sort of brace which looks like it wraps around his chest and holds his two lightsabers. The back of which is reminiscent to Han Solo's vest. Another belt goes around his stomach to stabilize the lightsabers. Yet another belt goes around his waist with two pouches. Its also adorned with a buckle and two circular items on either side. A strap attached to that belt is slung down his right hip, attached is another pouch. He has an asymmetrical piece of armor on his right shoulder, very similar to the Sith Stalker. Wraps cover his forearms and hand armor covers the top of his black fingerless gloves. You really don't get a good look at his pants or boots, but im sure they are fairly basic. The dual sabers he weilds are very similar at the emitter end to ones seen in the upcoming Old Republic MMORPG. The grips look like they are wrapped with black leather or fabric and the pommel my be the "sink handle" type.

Here are some images I pulled from the trailer:

4185909692_6c4cff02ce_b.jpg

4185909372_1039d03d91_b.jpg

4185909050_b279495d3d_o.jpg

4185148841_0f08390cf3_o.jpg

4185908722_a870ba4668_b.jpg

4185148357_65c2f334a3_b.jpg

4185908074_aff0463af4_b.jpg

4185907554_01bef18ec8_b.jpg

4185147125_5231c5baab_b.jpg

4185146849_1f3a6d9b00_b.jpg

4185907676_e519a2c5fa_o.jpg

you do get a good look at his boots when he whips his cloak back after the rancor lands - they're a wrapped boot identical to his training gear from the first one.

the shirt is a vneck like you said, with tshirt length sleeves (the wraps and sleeves don't meet)

he has 3 pouches all together - 1 right thigh, 1 upper right back hip, 1 upper left side hip.

he has hand plates strapped on over the black gloves (you can see the strap running through his hand.)

the hanging pouch on his right thigh has a strap that runs around his thigh.

the shoulder armor has 2 pieces, the main curved hemisphere and a small keystone shaped piece dangling over the shoulder joint.

I'd post all of my pics but I took upwards of 40 or 50 screenshots, so I'll leave you with a few to make my points.

0134a.th.jpg

0124a.th.jpg

0059ad.th.jpg

Guest Daritha

The more often I see him playing with electricity, the more often I think it's better that he has short hair. ^^

The screenies are awesome. I'm curious about his cloak. It seems to me that there where some kind of buckles that attached his cloak. However, the animation looks really good. I love his hood.

Guest Anonymous

You know the more I see the trailer, the more I like this costume. I have been seriously considering a new Katarn kit, but this may be the direction I go instead.

Guest DarthSisk

I'm assuming from the fact he's using Sith lightning, this costume will be Dark Side?

Also, those lightsabers are pretty huge in comparison to his body. Would they be attached using magnets, or straps, or what? He seems to be able to remove them pretty easily.

if you play some games like jedi accademy any force user wether good or bad uses force lightening. If hes say got amnesia..he may be using what ever hes got.

Guest Daritha

Its always difficult with Starkiller. I say: Let time pass. Then we will see what we are handling with. Is he light, is he dark ... is he gray? That's much too early in the process to tell.

if you play some games like jedi accademy any force user wether good or bad uses force lightening. If hes say got amnesia..he may be using what ever hes got.
Yep! ... Recently, there were also explanations for what I like to call Light Side Lightning. This should (say these people) explain why Luke Skywalker is shown using Force Lightning on the Swarm Wars novel cover.

Guest Anonymous

Things have a tendency to change a lot between trailers and release, by the time it comes out he could be wearing a cat suit and have a duel saber lol

time will tell and you can almost guarantee that he won't still look like that ;)

Also, those lightsabers are pretty huge in comparison to his body. Would they be attached using magnets, or straps, or what? He seems to be able to remove them pretty easily.

at most I can offer an educated guess.

0156a.th.jpg

I think it's a hook at the top and then held verticle by magnets at the bottom on the waist strap (the square thing with 4 silver dots - looks like a domino)

he would break the pull of the magnet and then lift up which presumably could be what he's doing. it doesn't touch the D-rings on the pec at all but it does touch the 2 horizontal straps.

just what I was thinking I'd do for it...

Guest Anonymous
I think it's a hook at the top and then held verticle by magnets at the bottom on the waist strap (the square thing with 4 silver dots - looks like a domino)

he would break the pull of the magnet and then lift up which presumably could be what he's doing. it doesn't touch the D-rings on the pec at all but it does touch the 2 horizontal straps.

just what I was thinking I'd do for it...

Sounds like a good plan!