• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara's hair

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey everybody!! it's me again!!! I'm so excited with making this costume that I can't stop researching about it!!!

so... now I'm looking into the wig!!!!!

I have a few questions!

is the wig (actually the hair color) a requirement??

cause... I thought it was but I have seen some pix of people that had their costumes accepted without the hair! so I'm getting confused.

the other thing is the actual color. it says golden red... or strawberry blond... (i think ill look hideous with strawberry blond hair hahahah) but I can't find that.

I've been looking it on ebay. it seems they have the best prices, cause I don't want a weird looking wig... since I know ill already look weird anyways... don't wanna make it worse right?!? hahah but nice wigs r expensive.

gotta buy it in china!!!! haha

so... I found this one!

http://www.cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0348195558

the seller says its red auburn

is it good????

my actual hair is dark brown... but I dye it deep burgundy brown. wich means... in the shade is dark brown... on the sun..... it's a vibrant dark red!!! (surprise!! haha)

would that work???

thanks a lot

Guest Sakara

that link doesnt work...

id say between light red/blonde hair and the hair seen on the actress in the decipher cards - a true titian red.

Nothing darker.

Guest Anonymous

When I decided to go for the wig route (mostly because it is so hard to keep my hair dyed red) the first thing I did was learn all I could about wigs. This is what I learned.

Things to look for:

~ Skin top

~ Tight weave (the tighter the better)

~ Kanekelon or Eleora fibers (Eleora is a treated form of kanekelon to help it stay clean longer).

~ Brands recommended for cosplay (they tend to be a little more durable)

Things to avoid:

~ Super cheap (if it costs less than $20 it probably won't last beyond one wear)

~ Un-reputable brands (make sure the brand name is listed and that it has good reviews)

~ Unreliable sellers (ebay is wonderful, but you have to be careful, sometimes the people don't really know what they're selling and you'll get disappointed)

http://tristencitrine.com/tutorials/wigpick.html This site goes over some things that will help you figure out what will work best for you.

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?prod ... t=0&page=1 This is the one I eventually ended up ordering, in the color Fire Red. I'm very happy with the look of this wig. It's extremely comfortable and easy to deal with. I got it, two hair caps and a wig brush from cosworx for under $50 after shipping.

Good luck, we look forward to seeing your progress.