• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Talon Ear Cones and Seam Lines?

darth_ana

It seemed easy enough to hide the lines of the prosethetic with a head dress when I was going to attempt an Aayla Secura. However, Talon is more difficult. I can't really find any good references for hiding the edges of the prosthetics, especially for her ear cones. I've seen some corseted Talons around the internet with varying styles of head piece that do serve to hide the flaps of the cones, but these do not seem to be 501st-okayed.

I have a set by Twi'lek Pam I've painted red, and as well as her ear cones. They are slightly big on my head, so in order to hold these on, I'll definitely need to do a head piece of some kind. I'm considering purchasing one from twi'lek paradise, if that is considered okay.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, and I may have missed it as I'm browsing this forum so I apologize in advance.

Can anyone offer me any techniques or advice for making the head piece fit organically?

Thank you all so much ;A;

Hey gurl!

I'm having the same issue with this when I'm not photoshopping out the edge of the lekku.  https://global.kryolan.com/products/special-effects/skin-effects  Try here - I'm thinking of trying cine-wax, although I might check with my make-up artist friend first to see what she recommends.  I've had good experiences with the Kryolan products so far.

OMG THANK YOU.  This is going to help while I figure out the dang head armor. I've got it made out of worbla, but can't figure out how to actually get it to stay on, since it doesn't wrap around her front. This should help hold the lekku on and hide all the seams so I don't have to worry about the head armor if I don't want to. Thanks again! I'll get some and see if I can make it work.