• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus from Melbourne, Australia! PIC HEAVY

mandomickey

hey guys! 

Just wanting to document my process of creating a Nihilus costume that will (hopefully) get 501st approved so i can join the Terror Australis Garrison!

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who posts in these forums, it has been a wealth of knowledge after what felt like many hours lost researching very little information everywhere else.

I just have one question, how did everyone construct their robe with the hood? I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I bought simplicity pattern #5840 but the pattern for that robe and hood is of really no use to me. any help please?

I will post pictures of my current progress when i have a chance to resize them all.

peace and love!

just some progress pictures;

having some trouble (still) figuring out the robe and hood.

I have a mask coming from Khros nest (yay) that should hopefully be here soon.

So far I have made; the outer tunic, the obi and the inner & outer skirts. All of the pieces still need to hemmed (mother to the rescue) but i am slowly getting there!

IMG_0612.jpg

also, will these gloves be able to get 501st approved (the buckles will be removed)

IMG_0603.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Nihilus section of the Flagship. It looks like you have done a fair bit of research and are well underway. I look forward to seeing your progress on Nihilus. 

For the gloves, those ones will not be acceptable because of the stitching. There should be no decorative stitching on Nihilus' gloves. 

For the cloak I just used a large, rectangle piece of fabric that hangs down from the back of the collar of my outer tunic. The hood is a separate piece that drapes over top of it and hides the fact they are two pieces. This is usually the easiest way to do the Nihilus hood and cloak. 

Cheers,

Nef