• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Boots

Guest Crixe

Guest Crixe

These are the things I think about when the rest of you are probably in bed sleeping.

So I was staring at the screen for probably too long after laying in bed for like 2 hours last night unable to sleep with everything I have to finish with my costume swimming around in my brain then this idea came to me. In most of SWTOR everything is pretty hefty armor galore. I was wondering if it could be possible to get a design of boots I'm working on and going to craft of Darth Revan's boots rather then just being Leather have armor fitting the pattern you see in game (that silver band looking part). and make them more like you'd see from most of the sith wearing armored boots given that look, was thinking of heavily modifying the styles (in my head to smooth out and simplified to fit the rest of Revan's armor style) you'd see from say a sith acolyte. What I'm wondering is what anyone else thinks of this idea? I'll have a prototype design done in a day or two and post an image before I go using Warbla or Vacuum Form parts.

While I do like your idea, bear in mind that Kotor Revan is not SWTOR Revan from a costume standpoint. Keeping that in your brain I don't think you're entirely off with your idea, keeping in mind a couple of things:

As a lower resolution game (comparatively) you're going to have those harder edges on a things because of the lack of anti-aliasing and other graphical nonsense. Also, as I've made the case in a couple of discussions of gray vs. silver vs. black in other areas of the costume (false illusion of shadows/shading created due to lack of in-game lighting), you wouldn't be wrong in going with a gray, but you'd also not be wrong going with a black, as many of our costumers do.

I think your idea is a good one though and I'd love to see what you come up with, as I'm sure many others would. Just always keep these particular images in mind when designing and remember to keep them as true and accurate to the source images as possible and I don't think it's possible to go wrong.

Guest Crixe

While I know the game's graphics are very lacking (being a graduate in Visual communications and creates a sharp reference point lighting and color etc. I do like taking the original patterns and trying to create them in real life while giving them newer spins, on the mask I tried to give it a hard lined look (haven't cast it yet I'll be trying to this weekend.) I'll be shooting for this boot design that I want to pull off and see how it comes out.

Excellent, I think that really falls in line with our take on Clone Wars Cartoon troopers and costumes, so I think you've got the right idea. If you choose to do it by a particular theme, keep it the same so kudos.

I think your take on it will be a great addition, and I look forward to seeing the pics.