• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Questions (and WIP eventually)

Guest wolfgar

Guest wolfgar

Hello all!

I'm a member of the florida garrison with a few approved costumes (TK, TI, IC), but i'm joining up here to solicit help and aide for my best friend. She isn't super familiar with the internet forum culture as of yet, so i told her i would get the ball rolling for her while she eases into the hobby.

She's interested in making a Mara Jade--which i have zero experience with--so i figured this would be the place to pop-in and ask for help.

I have a few questions already, so i'm going to start up a thread in what looks like the right place for Mara Jade questions and WIP threads.

please feel free to be as candid as possible with your answers and suggestions--this will be my first venture into the expanded universe (and her first foray into star wars cosplay period) and i want to be sure we get it right!

Guest wolfgar

So my friend has enlisted the help of a coworker that studied clothing design/sewing in school to help with the effort--which should be a great benefit for the soft parts.

They were looking over the internet for a body suit that could be modified or used as a template and they came across this: http://www.boohoo.com/usa/clothing/icat/clothing/jumpsuits/jules-high-neck-sleeveless-catsuit/invt/azz57994

bodysuit-1.jpg

i know that there are some things problematic with the design--but we're hoping it can be modified to be approve-able or at the least be used for a pattern.

Here is what i see wrong with it:

-the keyhole in the back would need to be altered

-piping added

-panels and ribbing added

what are your thoughts, everyone? thanks!

Guest wolfgar

hello again!

separate question so i'm putting it in a separate post:

is there a prevailing opinion on the quality of ebay accessories for the Mara Jade costume?

i know in TK-world ebay is considered a no-fly zone for the most part--but i also know that there are some ok soft costume parts available there from time to time (and, yes, some not-so-ok part too).

I don't know enough about the costume and what it should look like to make a good decision about what i'm seeing out there. any help or bread crumbs in the right direction would be fantastic.

thanks everyone!