• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Material for robe

TK7639

Good day. I am curious what material others have chosen to make this cloak out of. I'm not really knowledgeable on different fabrics.

The CRL states that;

Must be constructed from a black, heavy, flowing material that is not see through

That could be a lot of things.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

Guest daennika

I researched this matter yesterday and bought 6 yards of a poly-cotton blend that is neither thick nor see-through, but it suits my tastes and has a non-shiny texture to it. The bolt of it is super heavy, though.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/dianathehutt/acolyte/small_fabric2.jpg

I would advise that you copy on your smartphone the pictures of Slave1pilot's cloak (http://anchorheadoutpost.com/?p=160) and show them to someone working in a fabrics store or market. A lady told me it looked like a whool/poly blend and that it would be super expensive. I couldn't find anything even close to what it looks like.

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely copy those pictures as that robe is awesome.

Funny, I used the search button as well and totally missed the similar discussion a few topics down.

Thanks again!

Guest slave1pilot

We haven't been back to the garment district since our first run.

I wish we knew what the fabric was that we found (or at least could find more)

Not sure either on the fabric that Slave1pilot used. It's a heavy fabric, almost a curtain or an apolstry style fabric. I love the way it hangs and drapes around me and the texture is spot on. I've had so manny complements on the cloak. If you find the name of that fabric you need to le us know.