• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My COTF Nihilus :)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just started my COTF Nihilus costume Friday night. Thanks to the help from Scott Simpson 8) . He told me some things he used for the costume. Any way, Friday I pinned and cut out the 2 tunic sections , Sleeves and the interface for the inside of the sleeves to give it that ribbed look.

Saturday (2-2-08) I for the first time in my life used a sewing machine 8) It is not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I have the Outer Tunic all done, I just need to shorten it a bit and then fray it up to look all worn.

This weekend I will be working on the sleeves and the inner tunic. :P

I have the gloves as well as the mask on order right now.

The boots I have

The belt I will be working on in 2 weeks. I have the leather and posts. I just need to dye the belts and then I am good to go.

I will get pics up as soon as I can so you can tell me what needs to be fixed up.

Thank you all for the help in my PM's I have been reading up on this Nihilus section for several mnths now. It has been a great help.

Rob

Guest Anonymous

well, I found something to use to black my face out. :D

Just got a old pair of Under armor pants and cut a section of the lower leg off :P it works great and I can see better then I tought I would be able to

Guest Anonymous

first off. Sorry for the bad pic :oops:

2nd. A BIG thank you to Scott Simpson for all his help with all my questions I asked him.

This is what I have done so far. I did every thing that Scott did in his step by step. The costume is made with that "raw silk" that every one has been using. All I have left to do is Tatter it up, Make the Cape/hood. and put my sleeves on the inner tunic.

The hood I have on right now is just some left over twill that I had. Just so that I could get to see what It will kinda look like.

I also need to order my gloves. And then its off to get better pics and send in the pics to get the all clear 8)

DSCF1189.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Well I took some pics out side. It came out OK I think. I still need to tatter the tunics and skirts. The cape I got done last night and found some old TIE PILOT gloves. I want to get better ones.

The wind was messing up the skirt placement :oops: so in a few pics you can see my boots :oops:

So what you guys/gals think so far???

DSCF1195.jpg

DSCF1193.jpg

DSCF1192.jpg

DSCF1196.jpg

DSCF1198.jpg

DSCF1197.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Well I have been approved for well over a Year now. But Got some new pics taken at Motor City Comic con back in May

IMGP5884-1.jpg

IMGP5885.jpg

IMGP5883.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

Guest Daritha

First thought: Do they make a KotOR movie? *to the greenscreen*

Second thought: The Clone Emperor and Darth Nihilus? That would happen if Flow-walking was real time travel.

Want to say: Good job. The costume looks freakin awesome. I like especially the mask. "It" looks angry and evil like a real Sith Lord schould do. ^^