• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lightsaber Frustration

Guest JadeSky

Guest JadeSky

My sister is working on her Asajj Ventress concept costume. But we are having a hard time finding lightsabers for her. I am just starting to get into lightsaber building but I have not idea where to start. Does anyone know where we could find a pair of lightsabers that would be accepted by the 501st or how I could build one myself? The curve of the handle looks daunting both in building and finding parts to fit.

Guest Boudicca

I completely understand your frustration. It's a really tough saber to come by.... options for buying them are basically finding a FX or Master Replicas on eBay, which are expensive... After looking for other alternatives I finally broke down and sold off some other props/costume pieces and bought a pair of FX for $600, which was actually a pretty good deal considering the usual prices.

Alternatively, Woodchuck is now selling static hilts for Ventress in wood which you will need to paint. I do not know if they can be adapted to include electronics and blades. Oddly enough I saw that advertised on the Mando Mercs forum but I suspect he would've advertised on the 501st forum as well. If you are interested and can't find Woodchuck's ad anywhere, please let me know and I'll try to get contact info for him from the Mercs site.