• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

SL-12008 Finnish Mara Jade signing in.

Guest Darth Miu Miu

Guest Darth Miu Miu

Hello everybody!

At last and finally the circle is now complete! SL-12008 signing in, with Mara Jade.

I got the boost to join this Brady bunch about one year ago, when I was requested (read; required..) as a support for the Nordic Garrison’s big troop at Sembalot. The Sembalot is a big sale’s thing held at a huge shopping mall at Espoo, and marks the second biggest troop in Finland.

The troop went as usual… As many supporters before me, new to all of this, I was out like snowman in Hawaji, and I had the feeling that I had not done enough.. Originally I was not going to the afterparty, but I was not given any choice, and off we went…

As I got to know the people, I was asked about what my costume would be, and that were lingering on afterwards..

As I searched through the net, looking over the characters of Star Wars, one caught my interest. The character had interesting depth to her and this character was, of course, Mara Jade. Known as the Hand of the Emperor, she was an agent of the Emperor, doing what Vader and the Imperial Navy could not.

And still, in the later days, she would fall in love with Luke Skywalker, the very man that the Emperor commanded her to kill, she would turn into the light side, and become a Jedi.

As soon as I voiced my interest, the project was already on the way… An opportune moment, for new costume, as the creative drive here in Finland was fully concentrated for the upcoming Model Expo.

Nearly all free time for the beginning of this year was spent working at Clan Komulainen, for the Expo, and my costume. Big thanks to Ville and Clan Komulainen, WE DID IT!

Early on, we decided that we could do the costume parts by ourselves, and only the wig, boots, and gloves are store bought, everything else was crafted from scratch. The jumpsuit was cut and sewn to my measurements by Jenna. The shin and knee guards were also scratch built to my measure, Ville did great work on the plaster moulds, which were then vac formed with black plastic. Tape did the belts, and the shoulder harnesses. All Mara’s weapons were crafted from scratch, by Ville.

I also got to sew some parts myself, and help Emma in her task for the Expo. Thank you Emma, for being there!

We intended to have the Mara finished by the time of the Model Expo, but this labour of love was a bit demanding, and missed one little detail just before the pipeline..

Although my Imperial Crewmember costume was the one I was approved into the 501st Legion, this is the costume I wanted to join up.

With few last modifications, we set out to take approval photos, and set the ball rolling… It was with these pictures that the costume was finally approved.

I cannot express my gratitude enough for Ville, Jenna, Tape and Emma. Without you, I would not be here now, as a member.

I thank you, and will proudly wear this costume in troops. And, I know who to call if the stitches break..

Here are my Mara Jade Approval pics, enjoy;

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1989-1.jpg

IMG_1994-1.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

Oooo! Shiny...

IMG_0129.jpg

At times I was about to shoot myself in the head..

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9250.jpg

See you in the troops! Pia.