• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade from Spanish Garrison. Ready?

Guest Alejandro30

Guest Alejandro30

Hello,

My name is Noelia ID41950 from the Spanish Garrison. I have finished my Mara Jade Blacksuit costume at last and i want to ask if i am ready to be approved. Thanks.

1bu4.jpg

7ndj.jpg

9dcn.jpg

dp4k.jpg

dhcb.jpg

Guest muppet

"The shin and knee guards may be custom sculpted to match the designs used in the comics, or they may be based on the police style shin and knee pads used in the Decipher image of Mara. "

The shin guards dont match and the knee guards need to match with which ever version of shin guards is used. You will need to stick with either comic design or the Decipher, not use a part of each.

mara-decipher.jpg

Here are the pictures with the cowl and new shins...

COWLPOSE1_zpsa2b50f81.jpg

DETALLETRAJE-PIERNAS_zps841f016d.jpg

More new photos here...

http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/gianc ... %20ID41950

Guest Alejandro30

Hi Anna, thank you for your reply. I bought these knees and shinguards because are like the comic version. They were my first option and I sent to the LMO to get approved but he didn't accepted them because are not enough rigid.

What kind of police or riot kneepad and shinguards should I buy? I don't want fail one more time.

The comic ones were not rigid, from the photo's they looked rigid to me. What were they made of?

Also, for your other shins that you had pictured I did find a comic picture that looked much like what you have except that the knee pads are attached to the shins. Maybe there is a way for you to attach your's to the new shins?

IMG_20130730_183345_580_zps11893b22.jpg

Guest Alejandro30

Hi again Anna. The comic ones are made of hard leather, but ostensibly looks totaly rigid. However, the LMO didn't accepted them.

About the others, I can attach the knees and shinguards, but the LMO said That they are of different versions (kneeguards= comic version and shinguards= Decipher version) and is not possible to mix them.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I think that based on my picture I posted as a reference (it is in the comics), that if you attach the knee pads it should be accepted. Maybe what we can do is contact the LMO who is reviewing your costume.