• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan cloth choice

Lord Atrocity

so i started to put together my gear slowly but surely. i almost have the armor completed ,already have my saber and some soft parts. so the question is what type of material is recommended for the cape/hood and sashes. red sash included. ive hit a point in the road where i have ZERO knowledge about this stuff. so all help is appreciated.

My robes are linen and I think that's probably the go to choice for costume fabrics. I don't have my red sash part yet so I can't comment there. There is also another thread which you should look at to get some ideas :)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2560

ya i noticed the other threads recently. all i saw was the kind of material for the cap/ hood but i didnt see what type for the red sash. im at the point where im ready to order my material so im trying to find the everything i need and order them at one shot

The MWA fabric is like a nylon, I'm actually terrible with fabric types, my experience is usually going in and picking out what looks/feels best. I know it's smooth and shiny with the vertical stitches.

Also, acetone will get superglue out of it, if applied well. Crazy!

Sorry if that's not more helpful, Aysel is more the fabric Queen, I'm not much help in that area.