• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Silent's Revan WIP

silent

So I have received my Revan from My Wicked and am starting the mods on it, due to my size I have quickly learned I am going to have to totally replace the center silvery/black vinyl panel since I am 6ft 5. Luckily Rob was able to tell me how it was done, and now I just need to practice some on the material. Sharing some pics to get folks opinions. Also when I do the center, I will be lowering the Big ring to a more appropriate place

Mask and balaclava

8860557726_30524f1351.jpg

IMG_5290 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

New clips on chest

8859953347_c3fe178e20.jpg

IMG_5299 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

First fitting of chest and back, and where I learn gonna have to replace the center

8928149793_5b2d57d107.jpg

IMG_5302 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

I'm glad that Rob was able to help you out with that. And great initiative on working to make stuff fit. No real comment at this point other than keep up the good work.

If something gives you trouble feel free to ask, myself or one of our other folks here will probably jump at the opportunity to help out.

Otherwise, congrats on getting your armor and welcome!

Rob has been great, he even modified the bracers so they would fit my larger Revan size, started painting new vinyl today to see if I can get it looking correct. I really want to give the Vaders a run for their money lol

I was able to color match pretty well using some boltgun metal and black paint from my 40k minis when I recently extended the existing straps for my ring. I just mixed it until it was close enough and blended.

Ok I "think" I am at about 90ish% done. I still need to sew the piping across the shirt, I am raising the cloak about an inch or so to keep it off the floor, and so I can velcro the back of the capelet into it to keep it fitted better, and still have to trim the black sash in the front, wanted to get some pics so I could see the sizing before I cut it. Want to get folks opinions

9334123025_06265a05b3.jpg

DSC00414 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

9334126013_2af65045ee.jpg

DSC00413 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

9336915418_608a8d3a6e.jpg

DSC00412 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

9336917930_d132e95e0c.jpg

DSC00411 by jamesdye1, on Flickr

I think you have done a really great job adjusting it.

For approval-sake you're probably a lot closer than you think. Frankly, I think you ought to submit and you should be fine.

I say that with the subtext that I'd really encourage you to make a few improvements here and there to make things a little more custom to your profile.

The capelet seems a bit snug on your shoulders, it could be looser or perhaps need a larger one. It looks fine but perhaps a little tight.

Bless you and your hood being down, by the way. Kudos. :)

I'm personally not a fan of the upper velcro straps that hold the front and the back together. It is on mine and many others, and as we progress to working the back armor into the outfit more, I don't like how they terminate and do not lead to anywhere. It's a pet project in my head and something I think we as costumers could work to improve upon. Rob's design is great, we can make it better.

Otherwise, I would work on making the joint between front and back seem a little more natural, but I really do think you've done a great job making it to your size already. Perhaps use a line of velcro running vertically to help smooth the silver parts together and not have them bunch different from each other.

Again, kudos, I really think you ought to consider submitting very soon.

debating the velcro between the front and back, but have not decided yet, have added ribbing to the front to keep the curve, part of the issue was when my wife helped me get into it it was not tight enough, hoping that tighter will help, and the capelet I must say is the biggest pain in the butt ever, just getting it on and fitted takes 2 people and me trying to be a contortionist lol

debating the velcro between the front and back, but have not decided yet, have added ribbing to the front to keep the curve, part of the issue was when my wife helped me get into it it was not tight enough, hoping that tighter will help, and the capelet I must say is the biggest pain in the butt ever, just getting it on and fitted takes 2 people and me trying to be a contortionist lol

Short of making a larger cuirass, I think you've done the right thing.

As for the capelet, you've reminded me that I want to make a video of how "I" put my costume on. I have a way in particular that I manage to get everything right except that I can't get my hood up/velcroed in place.

As for going around, I'm not quite sure that would be correct either. I've been looking at the photos a lot to try and figure it out. I think almost that it needs to terminate just below the bottom edge of the back cuirass. That of course creates an issue for us securing it on our bodies.

Again, not something that I think should come up for approval, but this is something to bring it to the next level.