• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Tray's Sith Acolyte research and build

Guest Tray

This is my own personal dumping ground for discussion on this costume. What I have seen approved so far should not be accepted and I don't plan on submitting mine until I believe it is right.

I have started sculpting the mask. I need to tweak some things and add more to it before it is finished. I haven't decided if I want to just build a designed mask or build a blank to allow people to customize it themselves.

mask1.jpg

If you watch the trailers frame by frame there are a umber of them that show a distinct vest worn over the body suit as if the upper body armor is attached to that. I've not seen one person wearing this that I can remember.

tor-vest.jpg

There also appears to be some sort of leather/vinyl sleeves with a pillow stitched pattern under the forearms.

tor-arm.jpg

I see TONS of things missing from the approved costumes. These are just the first 2 I can write down.

Can someone point me to the SITH Acolyte reference photos on the FSE?

I agree with you on most of what you said, but at the same time not much has been shown of the Sith Acolytes besides whats in the trailers. So when people are putting together there costumes they're is definitely some leeway. You've definitely done your homework with the close ups, one other point I would like to make is that on the robe the color is dyed or painted and not strips sewn on; which has seemed to elude everyone as well. I've used fabric paint and lightly coated my robe to give it the dark red color while maintaining it's flexibility and look.

My armor is being made by TC9948, and my mask was made by Robert at mywickedarmor.com; they both do great work. I will attach the armor to a vest much like you stated. As for the leather under the forearms, it's an unnoticeable detail so I'll stick to my black body suit and if required could have the stitched pattern put on it.

At this point I'm happy that it has become an accepted costume, even if some of the accepted ones are less then satisfactory looking. Looking forward to seeing your finished product, you're obviously going for perfection so should be great.

I think that ribbing has been covered by darren in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=2094&start=285

I am also doing a sith acolyte armor and my plan is to make a vest similar to a jango but it will be made of a cloth material...

Right now just slowly doing the repair of my kit as I got a second hand one. I am ready to paint but I'm still doing research on how to go about doing it...

Will post in this thread once I make considerable progress...

For sure, that's all I have left for my SA costume as well; paint the armor. I think I'll start with a black primer, then matte black rustoleum, followed by a couple coats of polished silver. Then once you sand off a few scuffs you have automatic blaster/saber marks.

Post the pics as you go please and thank you.

Guest jwinnington

Yes I am sorry to say but our robes do have the red sewn in and that is incorrect but its fine for now. We had ours made for us. I just could not conceive how you could dye red into black but now I have seen it done. Also the fact ours were made almost 2 years ago. If anyone can show us how this can be done, that would be a great help.

2013-01-15_06-54-33_695_zpsc5b6258f.jpg

Guest jwinnington

We have also sculpted the gauntlets and are ready to make our molds. Hopefully this weekend. I'll post some pics tonight.

Guest jwinnington

Here are some pics of the gauntlets we've been working on.

2013-01-29_23-12-48_191.jpg

2013-01-29_23-15-46_185.jpg

2013-01-29_23-16-45_458.jpg

Sorry they look fuzzy. but you can see the detail.

The first robe I had made for me was sewn on red striping as well, the second one I used the red fabric paint and it turned out quite nice. I'd still like to get a dyed robe, just to make everything as perfect as possible.

Your gauntlets look unreal, great work. I'd like to attempt to start builds, I've got art down pat but have never sculpted or tried anything of that variety. I love looking at the builds people have done on here, some seriously talented people on here including yourselves.

Guest jwinnington
You're welcome and seriously nicely done. If you know anyone who makes the neck seal or the Sith Acolyte dyed robe shoot me the info please and thank you.

Were getting ours tailored. We have an appointment this Wednesday for final fitting. Once we get them ill post a pic and you tell me if you like it. And if you want one.

Guest jwinnington

I have no idea what happened to the pics. They are still on my photobucket. I will fix it later. We are still going back and forth to the seamstress. Once we get the vest and neckseal done, We will post up. Probably 2 weeks from now.

Guest jwinnington

We believe we found some new details about the suit. The neckseal is actually part of a bodysuit like Vader wears. Different pattern though. for now we are moving forward with the vest and neckseal as one until we can get her to build us the full suit which I figure will be the end of summer. We will remove the neckseal and have it applied to the suit then.