• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Thinking of doing a Revan

silent

Working on my biker scout build atm, but I am really thinking of doing a Revan first part of the year. I love the look of him, and with my build, I think I could pull off a good Revan( I am going to be one Big scout lol) Fairly certain I am going to try and get wickedarmor for the armor, it is beautiful.

Any advice from anyone who has done one?

I have read a lot of the posts, but quite a few are old so wanted to see what people had to say.

I see the boots are black or gray, would this be a good base boot, or is black a better option http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Premium-Stylish-Leather-Winter-Snow-boots-Faux-Fur-Lined-Black-/251151305768?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&vti=Color%09Grays&hash=item3a79c8cc28

Has anyone found a good place for sabers? Looked at several of the saber sites, but it seems everyone is slightly wrong to be a Revan saber, and I would like to get one with light and sounds.

As I said, just starting this journey and I want to make sure I do it as well as possible and do lots of research

Think I saw it, looked like motorcycle boots with a toe shifter strap if I am reading the right one. But def not cheap

I think we're talking about that same thing. As for cheap boots, I'll tell you what I tell my base members, never skimp on your footwear. Your feet will thank you for the extra attention.

^_^ Katie

The ones I got are the ones from Sears posted elsewhere, similar to the ones you just posted. I like the toe piece.

The problem I had with the Sears ones is likely one you might encounter as well.

When I cut the ankle strap off (cut, then carved out the root of it, then painted the white leather core) I found that now the things don't hug my ankle at all and are kind of loose for walking.

I've gotten used to the feeling but I will be working on either a velcro + leather strap, or some sort of filler so my feet don't slosh around.

I figured this wisdom would apply to you too, learn from others' mistakes/encounters.