• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Acceptable Costume?

Nipshank

I'm in the middle of a Sith Acolyte project, I currently have two masks, one with the "tribal" like pattern and the other "Royal" pattern. My question is will a Sith Acolyte be a 501st accepted costume soon? If not soon, ever? If anyone has any information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nipshank

I'm in the middle of a Sith Acolyte project, I currently have two masks, one with the "tribal" like pattern and the other "Royal" pattern. My question is will a Sith Acolyte be a 501st accepted costume soon? If not soon, ever? If anyone has any information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nipshank

Whether a Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Acolyte non-player character costume has been successfully submitted and approved yet I do not know. Assuming it has not, the "acceptability" or "approvability" of any not-yet-approved 501st costume ALWAYS follows the same process (in this order):

1. Research is gathered - CRLs are developed, reference images are gathered/discussed.

2. An accurate recreation of the costume is built.

3. That recreation is submitted for 501st approval/acceptance.

4. The submitter is either:

....a. approved

....b. advised on needed modifications/refinements

....c. declined due to lack of references or not appropriate/applicable character for 501st

5. AFTER the first one is approved, the costume becomes "501st accepted."

As long as I've been following the 501st, that process has never changed.

So as you can see, it can be a great leap of faith (not to mention expense) for that 1st costume recreator/submitter, spending many months and many dollars, but from my own experience it is well worth it.

~ Vonnor

Thanks for the information, I should have the entire costume completed within the next two months and will attempt to get it accepted. I have a approved Revan costume which I'll submit soon, just adding finishing touches to it. The Sith Acolyte will be a "just for fun" costume if its not accepted, either way I'll be going through with it.

I'll post pics as I get closer to it being completed.

Thanks again,

Nipshank

We are on step 4b. It's not the acceptability of Sith Acolytes into 501st so much as no one has completed one yet to the satisfaction of the LMO's. It will be a new to the legion costume once one has been submitted and approved. Keep in mind that with any new to the legion costume, it is a difficult road to travel as when we're looking at them we are extremely critical when judging them, we look for near perfection. When you submit make sure you match the reference pictures as closely as you can.

^_^ Katie

I will definitely keep that in mind. The masks I have are near perfect to the images found, the robe is complete and is perfect, just the armor is left and partially started but far from done. I'm hoping once its all complete I'll be the first with a accepted Acolyte costume.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate any and all info since I'm new to Flagship and 501st in general.

Congrats on your Sith Acolyte costume getting approved, that's huge. You're going to have to post the link to photo's from your first outing.

My Acolyte costumes been put on hold for the past bit, work has been way too busy to get anything done. In fact I'm selling what I have so far on eBay haha. I've been talking with Robert from mywickedarmor.com and he'll be making me a full costume when he's ready. Till then I have a Darth Revan costume from him so I'll use that and get it approved.