• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan armour requirements

Guest deogeo

Guest deogeo

For some time now the back piece of Revan's armour has only been a suggestion for this costume. I'm guessing in the past this has had alot to do with it's availability. However, things are different now and the back piece is available and all the Revan's I've seen over on the GML forums who have recently been cleared have it.

As the members seem to be making this the standard, with the way Revan's cape sits the area that the armour covers is quite easily seen and the back armour being apparent in all the reference images, I'd like to propose that the requirements be update and the back armour changed from a suggestion to a requirement.

I agree. I am honestly unsure what percentage of our members actually lack the back plating. I am always concerned about changing a standard which would then create problems for membership.

However, I shall include your suggestion in further discussions about CRL changes, this is one of several that need to be made.

Isn't the only reliable, full image of the back plate a non-canon reference, though? (Dark side Star Forge armor from KotOR) If we make the back plate a requirement, would it still be allowed to use even though it's non-canon?

Guest deogeo

Thing is, in the reference images you can clearly see that a back plate is present and the 'non-cannon' seems pretty consistent with the rest of the armour, enough so that it is certainly more accurate than not having a back plate at all.

It is a hard sell to try and require or make a standard based on rumor or supposition though.

I've mentioned to Thomas the idea of making some time for CRL discussion. We'll certainly give it a serious look.

Yeah, it is clear that there *is* a backside to the cuirass, it's just hard to see what the whole thing looks like based on canon images. Most good shots of the sides of the back of the cuirass are from players modding the Darth Revan model over their player model, as well.

I think most Revans will agree that the back side of the dark side Star Forge cuirass is the same, but it is still an assumption. I just figured I'd bring it up as something to think about, because I'd hate to see a situation where we are required to have a back plate, but don't have the good resources to execute the requirement.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here.

because I'd hate to see a situation where we are required to have a back plate, but don't have the good resources to execute the requirement.

This... 100% correct.

We'll look at it seriously though. May warrant another playthrough with fraps. Particularly with the new iOS version.

This... 100% correct.

We'll look at it seriously though. May warrant another playthrough with fraps. Particularly with the new iOS version.

I have a friend who is playing it through on the iPad right now, I'll ask her to get some stills. I'll also poke around to see if anyone can extract/ has extracted the models from the iOS version.

Now, iPad KotOR is made by a completely different developer than the original game, so there might be some visual differences in the details. I have no idea if they had to do new renders from the ground up or what.

God help us if they ever make a remastered version for the next generation consoles. XD