• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan armor question

asumalite

So I'm still researching Revan and his armor. When I look at the CRL, the photos have a look of leather but it states a rigid material. Can someone she'd some light on this subject as I don't want to do two Revan armor sets if you know what I mean.

Thank you

Thanks for asking, great question. Even better, I went back to the CRL to just make sure I knew which photos we were talking about, only to find that we've finally got photos for all the parts! I'm glad that updated finally.

The armor you're looking at is actually not leather at all but a painted polyurethane plastic. Evidenced by the heatgun I took to mine recently to give it a more fitting curve to my body, and the snap I heard when I bent something wrong the other day. :P

it all depends on how you paint it.

Absolutely right.

Rigid is used to be a guide as far as material, but whether plastic, concrete, metal, stiff foam, you want something durable that will portray the costume as accurately as possible. Outside of that limitation you're going to want something you can work with and something that is going to be as comfortable as possible.

Accuracy in the details is the thing I would stress most.

Thank you for that infomration

I got to thinking more about leather in the area that I am in. it is extremely dry and it would wreak havoc on the leather if not oiled constantly I would think.

Luckily i do have a friend that is into comstume making and the sort ... he and I will be making a mold for revans armor etc.

This should be an interesting venture and less expensive then getting it from other makers.