• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Maladi. Merlyna.

Merlyna

Hello,

I'll make my costume Darth Maladi and reviewed reference graphic files and requirements.

But I have doubts, to see if I can help.

1. I could wear a dress with high neck and long aline skirt instead of wearing top and skirt? Cross Shirt course would be another piece.

2. I'm looking on ebay pu leather, but not which one to use, because most are very hard and need the dress has a skirt that looks nice and light. Could you help me to find on eBay or other online store? In my local stores still can not find the fabric that convinces me. I've only found one but it is a little wrinkled (imitation of wrinkled skin) and that's not the look of Maladi.

Thanks and regards

The CRL is a guideline to help people understand what the finished costume should look like. If you would like to use another technique to make a part of the costume (dress instead of a shirt and skirt), that's perfectly fine. As long as the finished costume looks like the reference pictures, it doesn't matter how it's put together!

Even when we find a great material online, that doesn't guarantee that it will always be the same. I found a perfect fabric for Mara costumes online, but when I tried to order some more of it a month later, the fabric they sent was completely different. It's always best to order a swatch or small piece of fabric to make sure you like the fabric before you buy enough to make a costume. I usually end up getting a half dozen swatches before I begin any new project. Look around at the fabric stores online (there are LOTS of them!), find the fabric you think might be right, and order some samples!

Here's a list of some fabric stores online:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=237

Pam :-)

Thanks Pam :)

Today I found pu leather to make the gown. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will buy it, because I want to decide whether it will dress or top and skirt and calculate how much fabric I need.

It is better to buy in a local store so you can see and touch the fabric :).

Any idea how to build the headpiece? and armor of the skirt?

Thanks a lot

Hi again,

These are polyurethane fabrics that I like for the gown.

This is very light and the skirt would be very nice.

puleathermaladi01.jpg

This is a bit thicker but could also use.

puleathermaladi02.jpg

This fabric is a kind of silk, very thin, has a texture that gives the appearance of leather. It has so brilliantly, is caused by the flash. But I think it is very slippery and I think the zipper of her skirt would never be in place :)

fabricsilkmaladi01.jpg

I think it's silk and has a texture that gives the appearance of leather.

fabricsilkmaladi02.jpg

What do you consider appropriate for Darth Maladi?

I've already started my costume Darth Maladi, I think I can post pictures soon.

I still do not know how to make the helmet, any ideas?

I need some idea of how to do it and what material to use for the hull (sintra pvc foam, etc)

In the store I found this fabric fabrics looking leather is a silver metallic color that looks weathered or hammered.

telasobrefalda.jpg

I've thought about using this silver fabric to make the silver hip wrap. You consider that you are a suitable tissue to wrap the silver hip?

I want to make the hip wrap silver without relief silver as in the image of the comic that attachment.

normalpicture18.jpg

The Costume Required Components says:

"Silver Hip Wrap

For 501st approval:

A metallic silver wrap is worn over the hips.

It is narrow at the front, and then it becomes much wider as it goes around the sides and back.

The wrap is made of a thick, sturdy material, and may be covered by a three dimensional circular pattern similar to the design found on the headpiece.

A raised border goes fully around the outer edges.

Please, I need any ideas or help with helmet and Silver Hip Wrap.

Any ideas or help will be welcome.

Thank you and best regards

This is the shirt crossover, is still unfinished. I've put a foam filling for that thick.

I filled the waist area with foam but it seems that my waist is straight and shapeless and do not like. You think it's better to make the waist without foam padding?

chaquetacruzada.jpg

The crossover shirt is not finished, the shirt I put foam on the inside to look like armor, I think I will not put foam in the waist because it is not pretty. The waist is not yet finished and need to finish the shirt.

61693101514163671115758.jpg

Greetings.

What about the helmet? This is the base of the helmet, I have given a layer of fiberglass, I cut though the shapes and then apply bondo.

Could you tell me if it looks good or is there something wrong?

57559110151418284446575.jpg65287101514182841265751.jpg

Still I have to cut the edges

Thanks.

Thanks a lot Aysel.

Another picture with the part that goes over the ears thinner Do you think is better?

cascomaladiladi.jpg

I have yet to cut a little more edge for areas where marked with black.

And the dress?

Best regards

cascomaladiladi.jpg

normalpicture18.jpg

go thinner about 1 inch (2.5 cm), the lower edge should be more angled. I can draw lines on your picture if you don't understand that.

Vestido Darth Maladi Costume dress.

darthmaladicostume.jpg

The dress will be finished next week, yesterday I added the ribbed neck dress. Only I have to cut and sew the right shoulder and when everything is finished give the correct long skirts.

Hello again, apologies for the delay, I've been finishing my Tusken Raider Female suit, I am DZ 66966 :P

I resumed work on my costume Darth Maladi and wanted to share my progress with you

xh67.jpg

Sorry for the clothespins, have lost all my pins :?

Hello again friends, these are my progress in the clothes of Darth Maladi.

I would like to give me your opinion

Thank you very much and greetings

Darth Maladi Forearm Wraps

496m.jpg

Darth Maladi dress front

x7vy.jpg

Darth Maladi dress back

ei4c.jpg