• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Baby Rancor Costume

Nefthys

I have no idea if Flagship is where I should post this build, but it seemed like the most logical place.

My next big costume build planned is a baby rancor. Yes, it's a little strange, but I really like rancors and thought a baby one would be super awesome to make. I am hoping to start the build this December and plan to try have it done for the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo at the end of April. We shall see if that happens as it's a lot to try complete in 5 months, but I like a good challenge! I am currently in the planning stages for this build and will be acquiring materials soon. I am wondering who has worked with foam, or done a creature costume before that could offer some helpful tips or point me in the direction of helpful forums?

Cheers,

Nef

P.S. There is also a running list of potential names for the little baby once it has been completed. I am open to suggestions!

Other than the many talented members of this forum, you might also check the Gamorrean Guard section of the Krayt Clan forum. They would be very familiar with bulky foam costumes.

Thank you for the helpful suggestion! I shall head over there and take a look. I have actually been doing a lot of research on how Mascot costumes are made and have had great success with their techniques. Now I'm stuck on how to make realistic looking skin to cover the foam and fabric parts.

Cheers,

Nef