• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Assassin

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After I attempt my Revan costume to see if I have any sculpting skills, I plan on tackeling a Sith Assassin costume from KOTOR 2 both Sion's assassins (the ones whos masks look kinda like a Tusken Raider's) and Nihilus' (the ones whos masks look kinda like a bug or an alien).

Guest Anonymous

So you have a reference, I am not remembering what those look like. The ones I am thinking of are Dark Side Adept.

Guest Anonymous

If you need texture files for the Sith Assassin, let me know. I've been extracting texture files from KOTOR and KOTOR II over the weekend and can provide them.

- Carolyn

Guest Anonymous
You mean these?

356px-Sith_ass.jpg

56678_1.jpg

Yup those guys are the "Sion" assassins and Nihilus' are the ones from Freedon Nadd's tomb but unfortunantly I have yet to find good pics of them. And Carolyn if you have any textures or images please pm them to me or just post em here :D

Guest Anonymous

Ah I see, I was talking about these guys: Dkjdi2.PNG

What about a general forum for EU Dark Jedi?

Guest Anonymous
Ah I see, I was talking about these guys: Dkjdi2.PNG

What about a general forum for EU Dark Jedi?

Those are the "Dark Jedi" from KOTOR 1. I'd like to attempt a costume of them as well.

Guest Anonymous

I have attempted a costume of those Dark Jedi (KOTOR 1) for my first costume some time way back and would like a forum for them too.. had a lot of trouble making them as, for one, it was my first ever atempt at making a costume and I didn't even have a sewing machine. It's rotted now (fungus grew on the cloth covering the mouth) but i wouldn't mind making it again with the proper resources.

Guest Anonymous

I would like do a costume similar to the dark jedi in KOTOR. Maybe a Sith Maruader or the Sith Master from KOTOR II. I want to do something somewhat simple since it's my 1st.

What I'm wondering is if these costumes can get 501st approved?

Simple and 501st costuming are not words that fit together well in the same thought. Simple and Halloween bar costume contest maybe.

I advise to research this costume thoroughly. Much more so than the few Wikipedia screen grabs here. Hunt down your own full model renders to strengthen your references. Try sketching the character based on those references front to back.

Build the costume head to boot as accurately as possible. Forget the costs of tyme and money. Consider making the costume a learning experience.

Share your progress and discoveries with this group.

There is no guarantee such a costume would ever be considered for 501st membership. Less so for a simple, less identifiable, background character from an out of print EU game title. But 501st consideration should not be the drive for such a creation.

If the point is to become a 501st member, then I recommend finding and assembling Stormtrooper armour. (And take the tyme to assemble the armour well.)

Be well,

Thomas