• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Belgian Darth Talon :)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello :) I'm glad to discover that good forum, Im learning a lot of things about Darth Talon costume : I thought it would be easy to make it but... too many details :P

So I present myself, I'm Meggyra from Rebel Legion - Benelux Base and I woul like to join 501st too thanks to my Talon costume.

I started it last year and wear it one time (only :() to a convention. The problem is that costume you have to make it perfect directly or wait to find a good bodypainter then.

So I tried to make the lekkus with a friend, it was horrible, so the day before the convention I made some myself. It's horrible too but it's better than nothing. Now a friend (Geert Art) is making mine and it looks awesome.

But I still have few questions. I hope you could help.

First some pics of the first version :

?action=view&current=megtalon5.jpg

edit: the pic doesn't work so here is the direct link : http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/Walensis/Darth%20Talon%20costume/?action=view&current=megtalon5.jpg'>http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/Walensis/Darth%20Talon%20costume/?action=view&current=megtalon5.jpg

I know I have a lot of things to do :

1) bodypaint. I think for Celebration Europe I will find a professionnal, but can you just explain me how works the latex part? A friend painted me but after 1 hour, a lot of the black part was disappeared :(

2) The armour. I do medieval re-enactement here in Belgium so my friend who is an armour-maker made the pieces. I think there are good but maybe I have to paint them in black? Because on some pics it's just like that but...?

3) For the belt, the frond and back amour plates are good (I think) but do I need some leather bands on the back too?

4) I know I must completly re-make the bra :P

5) what do you think about gloves and boots?

Sorry, it's a lot of questions but I would like

to have it perfect ^^ Ive watched all the conditions to have an accepted costume that Twilek Pam gave but I would have also some advises, it's easier for me to know what are the problems :)

You can go on my photobucket album to see details of my costume and also the making off the lekkus. About these, do you think they are all right for Darth Talon?

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/Walensis/Darth%20Talon%20costume/

Thank you very much for you attention :) MTFBWY!

I didn't see it before :) I have chosen to not submit my Talon- frankly I want to wear my costumes for me- but I do know the actual effort involved in putting the whole ostume together and to wear it.

1- bdypaint.

Use Alcohol Activated. It is infinitely easier to apply (it dries quickly which means it is fast to apply) and wear as it is so light. You can brush by hand as well. Reel Creations will ship internationally but I highly recommend getting their large colour pots:

https://www.reelcreations.com/products/ ... idprod=206

Red #2 is the red you want. It is literally Maul red. Which means it is the red to match any sith to.

One pot will do your lekku once and your body twice for Talon at least.

It dissolves in pure alcohol (they recommend grain, but I can most easily get milk derived) or isopropyl alcohol (90% or higher).

2- I used pvc pipe and heat shaped it. PVC is amazing because it is not brittle and also not prone to being bent out of shape. It also takes paint very well.

My armour is painted black then rub n buff polished in to the cuts and around the edges. It is a very storage friendly method as all I need to do to refresh it between wearings is to put more of the Rub n Buff on to any areas that need a touch up.

3- it depends on the shape of the back of the belt :) My belt piece is shaped like the front, so I have to have the strips in the back. I prefer it as it drapes nicely over my rear and I don't have to worry too much about paint coming off from areas that I can't see...

4- I can't tell from the one photo sorry :) But I built mine over an existing strapless bra. I cut it in the middle until it only just self supported. Frankly it is more important to not risk exposure! The V angle is quite steep on mine to help create the illusion that it cuts deeper than it does.

5- You do need them to be longer :) But you can easily do this with tubes of fabric for both arms and legs. My Talon gloves are actually wrist length with an extension. This means I can take the wrist length pieces off to do any paint touch ups or to use the facilities... and not have to remove four pieces of armour and armpit length gloves! The joins are not at all visible because I carefully hand hemmed the wrists of the extensions.

The same can be done for the legs.

My fabric is a matt latex coated material that blends in well with the matt vinyl used for the boots and bra. All of them can be polished with silicon spray to have the same low satin sheen too.

Guest Anonymous

Thank you very much for your advises (Im sorry, this time it's me who is late but I have some troubles with my Internet).

I'll look for all of these and if I always have problems, I'll let it know ^^ Thanks!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: