• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Havoc Squad - the defection

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK - one of the main reasons I wanted to stop by here was to ask a few questions abt the Havoc Squad trooper. I am not here to stir the pot, or be some kind of fanatic. Just a place to voice an opinion really.

Eeither way, my costume will be completed, whether it gets cleared 501, RL or neither.

Yes yes, I know its definately republic from the point of view of its origins; but based on the story line within the game itself, the majority of what is defined as Havoc Squad defects to the empire - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Havoc_Squad. Part of the story like for a trooper is hunting down these rouge elements of Havoc squad.

Now, it would be clear cut if Havoc Squad troopers simply had standard marks. But as seen in the Returns trailer - the armoured republic troops are marked with a generic symbol on their shoulder bells

AoLrepLogo.png

whereas Havoc Squad has a specific symbol on their bells (ie Hope trailer) thereby - by costuming standards different from the standard republic trooper.

529px-Havoc_Squad_Insigniasvg.png

anyways its all kinda academic - until the final costume is complete, submitted and formally reviewed by LMO.

I am close to that now

DSCF7438.jpg

wish me luck :D

Nate

Guest Anonymous

yep I know - I am one of those doing the spear heading :D

was wondering whether this might be a better forum to try and get discussions going as well - being EU and not quite a clone trooper.

just trying to get a feel of whether this is flogging a dead horse?

thanks for input!

Nate

I think an arguement could be made for the specific members of Havoc Squad who did defect to the Imperial side to be done for the 501st, but that would be just the 4 (or 5, it's been too long since I've played to remember exactly) named face characters who defected. The Havoc squad guys in the trailers on the other hand, didnt' defect and remain with the Republic, just like the player character and NPCs that are added to Havoc Squad as you play TOR.

I think an arguement could be made for the specific members of Havoc Squad who did defect to the Imperial side to be done for the 501st, but that would be just the 4 (or 5, it's been too long since I've played to remember exactly) named face characters who defected. The Havoc squad guys in the trailers on the other hand, didnt' defect and remain with the Republic, just like the player character and NPCs that are added to Havoc Squad as you play TOR.

Yeah, those 5 guys who defect are all of "Havok Squad" at that time, minus the player character. So if you styled the armor after one of those guys, you'd have a good argument for the 501st Legion. The squad is small, just those 5 (replaced by the 5 you recruit along the way) so outside of them there really aren't any more OFFICIALLY.

What Scott said, this would be the best way to argue for Havoc Squad to be included in the 501st

^_^ Katie