• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Armor - Mynock's build - Completed and 501st Approved!

Mynock

[Post edited to reflect the many changes that have occurred to the build design since the project began.]

Sith Acolyte Mask and Armor build from the trailer "HOPE" for SWTOR.

This is a complete, 100% scratch-build by me: I sculpted the molds; I do all the vacuum forming, casting, painting, etc. What I cannot take credit for is the hard work the design artists at BioWare did to come up with this amazing character concept!

Armour is now completed, and I have recently joined the ranks of the 501st as SL21028! Thanks so much to everyone who has followed and supported my build over the past several years!

(Photo: Mynock's Version 2 Sith Acolyte Armor - C4 Winnipeg Comic Con, October 31, 2015)

20151031_152923_med-2.jpeg

(Photos: Mynock's Version 1 Sith Acolyte Armor - Star Wars Celebration 7, Anaheim, CA, April 16-19, 2015)

mynock1-1.jpeg

20150417_130558-2_med-2.jpeg

20150412_181334_med.jpeg

After the build was completed and approved, I went ahead and tackled the back-piece of the helmet in light of the new SWTOR trailer "Sacrifice" in which the Acolytes are finally unhooded. 

20150703_131611_med.jpeg
20150703_131620_med.jpeg
20150703_132016_med-2.jpeg
20150703_132105_med-2.jpeg

Production notes for everything in this build can be found on my website http://mynocksden.com

• Like 1

I caught this over on therpf, and it looks great. I like how you created the two main layers and I feel like I could do with a vacuum table now.

How much does it weigh?I guess it must feel pretty lightweight compared to my own version.

I caught this over on therpf, and it looks great. I like how you created the two main layers and I feel like I could do with a vacuum table now.

How much does it weigh?I guess it must feel pretty lightweight compared to my own version.

It weighs next to nothing; 0.06 guage HIPS is 1/16" or 1.5mm thick, so no mass there.

And vacuum forming is fantastic! After doing some research online and seeing what other people have done, I built my own setup for under $200. It works like a charm! Making the mold is the most time consuming and the most challenging part, however. But when the mold is done, pulling is so easy in comparison, it's almost anticlimactic lol.

Guest Anonymous

Hi I had suggested Mynock come here to this community. I'm brand new here as well (decided to branch out from my TK) but I have been following the Sith Acolyte builds here and they are excellent. I've ordered one from Mynock and working with him on it. Hoping to get even close to what's been done here! Very cool stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Someone seriously needs to make a CRL of this character. Cause I think it's a brilliant one and I can already see 50 of us recreating the scene from "Decieved".

Another mask nearning completion (left). Formed out of .06 black haircell ABS, sports sharper, cleaner detail than my original (on the right), and weighs even less!

imagevnhg.jpg

And here is the other side. The inscription above the eye reads "peace is a lie" in aurabesh script, which is a fragment of the sith code.

Once again, all detail is hand-crafted and is elevated (including the tiny writing), which gives that slight "carved look."

imagekae.jpg

Pics! Indeed. Can't wait to see another with the mask. Now can we all convince Mynock to do the armour already. LOL.

I went out today and bought some mold making supplies. Not going to say what it's for, yet, but you may venture a guess! ;)

I watched the video to get a better idea of what the mask looks like on a person. Do you have any straight shot pics of the mask on someone (maybe without a hood)?

Version 1 fit:

img0903x.jpg

img0902et.jpg

img0901dh.jpg

img0965ih.jpg

Version 2 (prototype) fit:

img1059xu.jpg

img1058mc.jpg

img1053mb.jpg

I watched the video to get a better idea of what the mask looks like on a person. Do you have any straight shot pics of the mask on someone (maybe without a hood)?

img1059xu.jpg

img1058mc.jpg

img1053mb.jpg

Thanks! PM sent.

img1059xu.jpg

img1058mc.jpg

img1053mb.jpg

Thanks! PM sent.

PM replied.