• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Robes (Black and Black/Red)

DarthBrute

I have been looking at the pictures of the Sith Robes and it really looks to me as if the throat and chest armor is one piece. It looks like the cape goes OVER the armor and hooks into the groove between the chest armor. And it looks as if that creates the appearance of two separate pieces. You can really see it in the black robes pictures. What do you guys think?

I have been studying and studying game models, these pictures, etc. For all these details. This is one costume I am going to completely build myself. As far as the cape is concerned to keep that trianglular shape across the chest armor; I was thinking using leather as the padding underneath. Modifying the top portion of the Vader body suit to match the flak vest underneath. Attach the leather to the modified Vader top, place chest/neck armor, slide cape underneath the peak in the middle then attach cape to the outside and rear of the leather padding. In doing that I think I will achieve the best look for that top that will fall under the guidelines.

This is going to be a lot of work but will be worth it. I have already drawn up some basic designs of the chest armor. I am starting with that as it needs to fit my body width and I can build around that to make the costume just a tad better.