• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

StungunMoy's Mother Talzin WIP

Guest StungunMoy

Guest StungunMoy

Hi guys!

(I went to edit this post but I deleted it accidentally! That's what I get for posting it at ungodly hours : ) )

It's been a while since I posted any updates on costumes, but I had been planning on a Mother Talzin costume since I saw the Clones Wars preview back in Celebration 5 with my original Nightsister costume (I was in the Artist Alley in costume and had the extreme pleasure of meeting Dave Filoni, who said I'd be excited about what he has in store for Season 3, and of course I was!), and I only had time to start this costume a few weeks or so ago (needless to say I've not been getting a lot of sleep), and I wish I could have more up-to-date progress shots but phone camera will have to suffice! :) I'm excited to see other nightsisters and Mother Talzin's at Celebration; hopefully they can offer me some advice! :)mothertalzin.jpg

Guest StungunMoy

I used a stencil and dry brushed some fabric paint on; I didn't want it to read too visibly as a stencil, so the dry brush helped blend the darker fabric paint with the base color. It's hard to tell with this horrible phone camera shot, but it gives it some texture and color variance instead of one big stencil blotch on the fabric. I'll take another photo and post it up.

Guest StungunMoy

Again, the picture is horrible, but you can kind of get an idea about how it was dry-brushed on. I liked the gradated look and how it blends with the fabric instead of looking like I just plopped 'em on there.

Guest StungunMoy

I am for sure going to be wearing it on Saturday. Do you plan on wearing Ventress? :)

Also, shoes are almost done!

mothertalzinboot.jpg

Guest StungunMoy

Alright, so I successfully got it done in time for Celebration. Granted, I was working on it until 3 AM the night before I was suppose to wear it, and still had it only partially complete when I brought it to Celebration, AND I hadn't tested or done a test fitting with it all on before I was suppose to wear it, but all-in-all, it turned out okay. There were some issues that came up though that I need to fix before I ever intend on wearing it again (like the back motors; they spin and spin, but sometimes the back will tip forward towards my head, and that drives me crazy when the rotating motors on the back rotate against the shoulder blades; it gets very uncomfortable.) Also, I need to make a cleaner head prosthetic, and some general fit issues need to be fixed. I did get the silhouette of the costume pretty close, which I always find to be one of the most important aspects of any costume! I also got to hang out with some great friends who were the nightsisters! They did a spectacular job :) Here are some nice pictures that were taken at Celebration and at Dragon Con the week after! :)

206011_599689431232_340543269_n.jpg

547983_515093921837998_1177191012_n.jpg

Guest Darth Serberus

I absolutely loved this costume, one of my favourites I saw at CVI.

I believe I photo bombed you guys in my Savage Opress at one point! Lol

Must see if I can find the pic!