• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dark Angel`s Lumiya

DAngel

Hi everyone!

My name is Alyona, 23 y.o., I'm from Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

I want to present you my version of Dark Lady Lumiya. Here are my photos with reference pictures.

Starcon_2012_069.jpg

Headpiece is based on The Essential Atlas close-up picture of Lumiya

250px-Lumiya_EA.JPG

Here you can see my headpiece. It is removable and not connected to the chest armor, neck is hidden by the cloth wrapping, like on Atlas picture. Helmet is made of tin-plate and wrapped by dark grey cloth with metallic gloss.

My natural eye colour is brown, so I wear three-colour green lenses. You can also see a scar.

Bodyglove is made from elastic black material. Curcuitry is done with acrilyc cloth marker, that's why it's relief, not plane. Here are photos of bodyglove: click, click, click.

Circuitry is based on two comic pictures of Lumiya:

376px-LumiyaOnKinooine.jpg640px-CatO9Tails.jpg

Stockings were one of the most difficult parts and I had to remake them a few times because varnish and rubber didn't fit good and looked awful. So we chose this variant. Stockings covers full feet, so it can be worn without shoes and that will look like most of Lumiya's pictures, where she doesn't have any shoes or heels. Nevertheless, there is one picture of Lumiya, featuring platform shoes:

342px-DarkLadyLumiya-SWG4.jpg

so I decided to have platform shoes because I'm having some problems with flat sole shoes. That's why I have two variants - with platform shoes of without them, just with stockings.

Gloves, belt and chestplate with shoulder parts can be seen on every photo of my costume.

We decided not to fix chestbox like Vader's one (on a neck belt) because it's not similar to pictures and not to sew it on bodyglove (we were afraid to harm very expensive and delicate cloth), so we tried to make chestbox very lightweighted and fix it with magnet. Chestbox is based on this picture:

MaraJadeVsLumiya.jpg

Lightwhip was originally 6-meters length, but it was so heavy and difficult to operate that we cut it down to 3 meters. Grip is made of steel and aluminium, whip itself consist of 4 parts: blue LED tape, silver thick industrial rope, 2 steel cables and 2 leather tails with metal rivets and snake tongue tails with metal plummets. Here you can see it closer: click, click, click.

If you want, you may see full gallery of my costume on photobucket: click.

Guest Aysel

Hello and Welcome to Flagship Eclipse! I see you've finally found your way here ^_^

I want to commend you on this costume, you've nailed many of the difficult things down. There are only a couple of things that I see that are going to need to be addressed. There may be a few more as more people get a look at your costume. One is the heels on your boots, most of the references show her with flat soles and I know that you've stated that it was one of the hard things to do, however since flat soles are shown in the majority of the references, this costume really needs to have flat soles. One of my other things is that most of the references show some details on the silver upper chest wrap thingy, yours seems to not have those details. Third is the chest box, it seems raised in the majority of the references, and I'd really like see you incorporate that into your costume.

Now for the good, I really like your light whip, that is just awesome.

^_^ Katie

Thank you for your comments, Katie!

As I said, it is possible to wear only stockings, so it will looks like sole shoes. That's how I went to the Con, when the legs needed a rest from high heels. If you want, I can make a photo of me without shoes.

As for the armor, I can make grooves on it, like on right shoulder part.

I failed to understand what you mean with the chestbox. You mean that buttons should be raised, not flat?

Guest darren1970

I think the confusion is that the chest box wasn't showing on your origional post picture.

Cool costume BTW 8)

Guest Aysel

Starcon_2012_069.jpg

we've all been looking at this picture and the ones that have this detail, not the ones that have the raised chest box detail (I couldn't get your pictures to download off of google) And yes when you submit your application be sure to only have pictures of your feet with flat soles and the raised chest box.

^_^ Katie

Guest Aysel

what about a pair of silver ballet style slippers to cover your feet? but so you aren't essentially bare foot. I'd be ok with that compromise to keep your feet safe.

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

I am working with her on the 501st app side.. here is another pictur for discussion. so far every thing that Aysel has pointed out is what I agree with that needs to be fixed before your app can be approved.

post-1-142759261839_thumb.jpg

Hello again)

I have finally solved the problem with the shoes.

WYn3SN6C.jpg

Should I make a photo of me with them on, or it will be better to do it later, when all other parts will be approved?

I'll send photos of armor in a few days. We repainted it and now it should dry out.

Hello again)

Thanks, Daritha :)

Here you can see what we have done with the shoes. Image is clickable for higher resolution.

th_DSC_0946.jpg

And we have completed the chest armor.

th_DSC_0957.jpgth_DSC_0955.jpgth_DSC_0949.jpg

I think I should summarize what I have. Images can be clicked to see higher resolution.

th_IMG_7886.jpgth_IMG_7871.jpgth_IMG_7832.jpgth_IMG_7859.jpgth_IMG_7786.jpgth_IMG_7802.jpgth_IMG_7953.jpgth_IMG_7843.jpgth_IMG_7821-1.jpgth_IMG_7949.jpg

The pictures above shows a high-heel shoes, but I have made silver ballet-style slippers. Also I have made lines on my chest armor like on original Lumiya's armor. In 12 hours I will make full photos of my costume with flat shoes and lines on armor.

th_DSC_0946.jpgth_DSC_0949.jpgth_DSC_0957.jpg

personally, i prefer the heels, it gives you a more sinister posture. but for approval you should use the flats. other than that i think the buttons on the chest box look a little off-kilter in these pics. i would suggest using separate buttons similar to the ones on an officers rank badge.

Hello

My name is Marta and I am from Spain.

I belong to the spanish garrison.

I would love to do Lumiya's outfit ... but I'm lost where to start.

Do you know of any shops that sell the jumpsuit already made? Or the helmet? Can I buy black fabric with silver lines? Can the laser whip be made?

I'm so sorry, but I'm lost.

Thank you so much for your detailed write up of your work on Dark Lady Lumiya! I am looking at creating her for the Aurora Borealis Alaskan Outpost of the 501st and this will be a huge help in doing so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk