• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan - Mask

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

That picture is amazingly helpful cause i like that extra part on top of the mask that seems to get neglected by everyone's designs, the vents in it top (why do people neglect such an interesting piece of the face plate?), but still i see how it could be just like vaders mask helmet combo with a more simplistic helmet component...and who am I to argue with Uthura Ban!?

Guest Anonymous

That is a great picture. Back when I was sculpting my mask, I kept trying to pause it right there, but the video wouldn't stop at a frame where I could make it out. I wonder if that was just a texture problem since it was out of sight except for the fraction of a second when it came into view in this scene. If you look at the texture map for the model, it looks like the artist mapped parts of the red sash to some of the polygons on the top and sides of the mask. Perhaps he did not think those areas would be seen the cut scenes, which is the case normally. I have done a lot of 3D modelling and, back in the day, it used to be very difficult to figure out which polygons need to go where on the texture maps.

Guest Anonymous

I just looked at the texture:

revantexture.jpg

There are some boba-helmet-like dents high on the forehead, but I think the red sash texture on the mask were unintentional after viewing this.

I thought I'd do a signal boost here, not only to benefit my friends at Moonbase Creations, but to let other Revans know about this awesome upcoming opportunity. :D

Moonbase Creations (find them on facebook) is going to be doing a release of their new Darth Revan mask kit soon, and I daresay it's is a great-looking mask. So, if you're in the market, definitely keep an eye out on their page.

482537_683558801694926_1098202827_n.jpg

I thought I'd do a signal boost here, not only to benefit my friends at Moonbase Creations, but to let other Revans know about this awesome upcoming opportunity. :D

Moonbase Creations (find them on facebook) is going to be doing a release of their new Darth Revan mask kit soon, and I daresay it's is a great-looking mask. So, if you're in the market, definitely keep an eye out on their page.

482537_683558801694926_1098202827_n.jpg

Thanks for the promotion! I'm one of the members of Moonbase Creations, so if anyone has questions about the masks we make, feel free to PM me. We will also have a Nihilus mask coming out soon. We are just getting through a busy convention stretch right now.

You can find them by searching Moonbase Creations on facebook. :)

I am only happy to promote. You guys have an impressive body of work! This mask will re-energize my enthusiasm for the project; it has been several months since I have actively worked on Revan. So, thank you. :D (I look forward to hawking your Nihilus mask in the future!)