• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Arica Shoes

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

]Hi, quick question for everyone.... about one of my lest favorite subjects -shoes. I am working on a Blue Arica outfit and will be starting the Arica unitard directly after.

http://jaclyngfc.files.wordpress.com/20 ... s-hand.png

I bought some sandals on ebay primarily for the Arica unitard but to wear with the blue outfit as well when shoes were needed.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 7191_n.jpg

When I ordered them they looked like they had no heel, but as I unwrapped them I saw the heel. It has been suggested to paint the heel black to make it less noticeable (which I agree on!!) but is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks for any help!!

I think shoes/boots are ALWAYS the hardest part of every costume. Without the right equipment it's very difficult to make them yourself from scratch, modifying existing pairs isn't always feasable, and sometimes those designs we see in the references just don't seem to exist in real life!

In looking at the shoes, I think I would be more concerned about the lack of covered toes, rather than the bit of heel. I don't think the heel would be too much of a problem, but those open toes probably will be. I've seen two Arica costumes that included closed-toe sandals, so I know that they do exist... it just takes a bit of hunting to find them!

Arica1.jpg

normal_AricaSandals.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Aysel

if it's a matter of the toes being open, we can try adding a cap on the toe (we have a big armor party this coming weekend) I personally like those sandals, but if the CRL maven doesn't then we've got to fix those shoes.

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

This is another costume that has been on my list for a LONG time and the shoes are one big thing that has kept me from moving forward on it. Good luck! (and imagine my surprise when I click on this thread and see a link to my old costume blog!)