• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ultrasabers - are they any good?

Kade

Hi all

I'm currently shopping around for a couple of custom lightsabers for myself and a friend. I've been looking at Ultrasabers.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/

Before I even consider spending money I would like to get some feedback about them.

Does anyone here have one, has dealt with them before, know someone that has?

Recommendations?

Cheers

Mark

Guest Daritha

It's mixed. I myself had a good purchase there. Got a Bellicose RGB saber. Nine colors, removable blade - whole bunch of neat stuff. I'm bloody happy with it. But I also know from many people who did make bad contact with Ultrasabers. A buddy of mine got his lightsaber broken and much delayed (due to customs). He had a hard time with Ultrasabers. But then, we're in Europe. So it could be easier to get the saber in the US itself.

It's a bit of a va banque game. But the quality of mine is really good. The light is bright and the material good-manufactured. It's up to you. :)

They are good for the cost. I have 3 or 4 now and never had any problems with them. But I have only bought the cheaper "stunt" ones with no sound or extra goodies. If I want all that stuff, I'd rather build it myself from TCSS parts. I can not build one for what they sell their lower end ones for.

I got a grab bag saber for $60 and received one that would have cost me $120. The only problem... a small scratch on a part of the saber that I actually had to look for to find!

Otherwise, even if you are building your own sabers, I would suggest them.

Just to finish this off, I went ahead and ordered with Utrasabers and am very pleased with what I got. I did have a problem with the batteries to start with but they were very helpful, prompt with email replies and got it all sorted out for me :)

I had problems with removing the battery pack on my Ultrasaber, too. It was just too tight a fit to get a grip on. I glued a small piece to the bottom of it that I can grab hold of with my needle nose pliers and haven't had a problem since.

Guest darthravan

i have bought higher end lightsabers and if u inform them that u are looking to spend the money they are more than willing to talk to u through email to help u pick just what u want and if u have problems with it they try to replace it u just have to talk with them i have the bane, initiate le, consular.and the larger malica and i will buying more from them soon! :lol:

I had problems with removing the battery pack on my Ultrasaber, too. It was just too tight a fit to get a grip on. I glued a small piece to the bottom of it that I can grab hold of with my needle nose pliers and haven't had a problem since.
I attached a small bit of nylon bias tape to the battery pack and to the pommel. Pull one and the other comes out no problem.

what about blade length? 36" or 40"? mid grade or heavy?

do the 'stunt' blades still light up? I don't care for the sound much anyway.

I'm shopping for The Malice since I'm currently building my Malgus, and getting close to buying, so looking for confidence tips lol (:

what about blade length? 36" or 40"? mid grade or heavy?

do the 'stunt' blades still light up? I don't care for the sound much anyway.

I'm shopping for The Malice since I'm currently building my Malgus, and getting close to buying, so looking for confidence tips lol (:

With the Malice, get the smaller blade size and the 40" heavy ultra edge.

I use a heavy ultra edge on my dueling saber and it doesn't even bend when it smacks another saber, even if it is harder than I would like.

I bought the Phantom 3 as a staff. I purchased that set to give me the two for dual wielding. LOVE them. Absolutely love them. Very durable and fun to play with. I recommend them.

Shiyan