Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
The Clone Emperor

Interest check; Flagship Eclipse vinyl sticker and others

Good morning,

I would like to make a run of high quality Flagship Eclipse vinyl decals, suitable for car and armour tote use.

Eclipse_Halftone_2012.png

The logo here has been adjusted for CYMK printing and the gradient ramp turned into a halftone.

The purposed order would be 4" by 3.25" (10.15 cm by 8.25 cm.)

The back of the sticker will feature TFE members as halftone art and our web address.

Minimal order for the chosen service provider is 250 stickers.

Price breaks come in units of 250.

Initial price should be $1.50 for the first to cover shipping, and a dollar a piece after that for up to ten stickers. If interest is robust, a greater price break would follow.

I am proposing to open this order to the Legion forum, and that no limit be required in ordering.

I have no burning desire to collect money or handle shipping for this project. I will do so, using my own money to pay for the order if there is a fair response to this thread. But, I am more than happy to partner-up with another Flagship member=I specify and place the order, you--the partner pays for, collects payment for, and ships the orders out.

Be well,

Thomas

PS; I also have 3 other Flagship merchandise products in mind;

1. 2012 Standard Flagship Patches

I propose using the halftone art as above and at a larger size as a distinction from the first run of TFE patches.

2. 2007--2012 Five year TFE anniversary patch

I have developed a logo early this year for our five year anniversary. I hope to post the prepared logo for interest this month.

3. The Flagship Eclipse Lapel Pin

This has been purposed before but the interest seems to have faded. I am on a budget and as with all of these propositions I am more than happy to "partner up."

I'd definitely be interested in 5-10 of the stickers. I'd also be interested in any patch runs you decide to do. Depending on price, I'd be up for at least 5 of each patch. :D

Guest Aysel

this is a good idea, I like the idea of an inexpensive merch item, and I'd be interested in them myself. As for patches, I think another run of standard flagship patches is a really good idea too.

^_^ Katie

I too would be interested in both!! I have a very plain tote that needs decoration.

Guest kimballk

I'd in in for 20-25 Stickers, probably 10 patches pending the price and probably 10-15 pins pending the price.

Kevin

I"m more than happy to coordinate the Pin run, but I wont be in a position to have any free time til early January. Real Life has kicked in, and a lot of people need things from me before now and the end of 2012!

It's like somebody things the worlds ending or something! ;)

I'm also keen for some stickers and patches also.

To coincide with the 2013 patch run, I am having these stickers made as well.

I intend to use a vendor that does silk screening on vinyl.

These are a little more expensive than digital printing. But not much. The difference is in quality. The ink is thicker, water proof and weather resistant. These are the qualities needed to make a lasting impression. I will accept no less and I believe all that order will be very happy with this merchandise.

8650828638_e7c44a65ff_z.jpg

I have saving a space for our Detachment for some tyme.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest kimballk

I'd be interested in Patches & Stickers (quantity would depend on price.)

I would get some stickers and patches.

Just a cool idea: Coin series. 3-5 coins (Heads) TFE Logo (Tails) One of the costumes in TFE with 1 of 3 (or 4,5 depending on the number done in the coin series). Could add "5 Year Anniversary" to it as well!

Good evening,

Since we are talking coins in the vinyl sticker thread, I thought I would share a bit of data. The last coin run of two hundred and fifty units cost well over a thousand dollars. Closer to $1,200 before shipping, handling, and pay pal fees.

One hundred dollar of that cost went into the die fee for the art.

The art I made took twenty real hours. All volunteered. I had to pay for my coin just like everyone else. (I recommend that anyone handling a run be sure to tip your artist.)

FE10coinB01.jpg

Back side.

We do have some excellent artists in our community. Those with proficiency in illustrator could make lovely weighted line art of individual characters. (Note tracing a photo of a costumer may not work very well for this application.) I will reserve the right to ask for revision of art that does not reflect the highest standard for the detachment. Note: The Flagship Eclipse currently represents 40 + distinct characters. Choosing just the proposed five to represent the group will be a challenge. But one we can meet together.

With artists credited and art secured we would still need someone to take up the financial responsibility for the run. There would be a savings if we could gang a series of 5 separate coin backs at once, but a $6,000 investment is a bit much to expect anyone to sit on. I would expect such an undertaking to be done in individual runs ($1,200.)

To a degree, pre-orders could help defer that investment, but I would like to see that we have a product to order before money changes hands.

It is a lot to consider. But if folk want to take on the responsiblity, I am willing to lend my expertise in graphics to the cause. I am just fine with others supplying art. To encourage artists, I will work with interested parties taking on a run to make sure the artist(s) receive a copy of the merchandise their work is used in. This is not a requirement in the 501st Legion. It is however, a respectful gesture that I would like to extend to the very folk that make Legion merchandise possible.

Be well,

Thomas

I would certainly be interested in patches and stickers. Depending on cost I would pick up quite a few of each, probably 10 of both.

I am also a professional illustrator and designer. I work for a video game company doing all sorts of images for our games, apps and websites. I would gladly donate time to do up any artwork that would be needed for merchandise runs. Illustrator happens to be one of my favourite programs to use as well!

Cheers,

Nef

I have been discussed pricing and print process with the vendor I plan to use. These will be silk-screened on vinyl, the best production technique I could find.

I will place the order once the back art is ready. The backs will have a black and white promotion leading to this forum and our new Facebook page.

My goal is to have these on hand when the regular patches are done so that I can ship together for those who order both.

Guest Tusken1217

I'd be interested in Patches & Stickers (quantities would depend on price.)

Would definitely like to get my hands on some stickers and patches. Right now I have the pin but I don't have anything else to help me represent the detachment.

Guest EmenyZero

I would be in for at least 6 Decals.

Count me in for Patches, 5th Anniversary Patches, as well as I would love a few pins.

I would love to see other Merch as well, and would really love to see some shirts and or hoodies. Something I can wear everyday! I know the legion is big on the silk screen printed button ups. That would be a great thing to do!

This is a detachment I love to belong to, and would love to get some stuff to rep it!