• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Belt/sash question

Lady K

I've followed all the wonderful information in these threads and Pam's tutorial to get the under and outer dresses made. I'm about to work on the veil and the belt/sash.

I need a little more information on the belt, please.

How long and how wide have you made your belt? I know the length depends on the size of your waist, but, a general idea would be helpful. and how wide should it be?

Also, how do you attach it and close it?

Guest Aysel

I've got a couple of large snaps to hold some of the folds in place and a belt buckle thingy to close it around me. As for the width anywhere between 2 and 4 inches, depending on your height. It's basically a ratio, but don't ask me how I calculated it, I'm a visual person so all I did was eyeball it. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Here's what I've done so far. I just have the hem on the outer dress, the veil and paint the gloves left to do.

I made the sash 4 inches wide. It looks a little wide to me but, it's not on the person that will be wearing it. I'll decide if it still looks too wide when I fit it on her.