• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Armor kits

tc9948

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I'm around 6'1" 6'2" and 280lb and just from a couple of test fits this armour is going to fit me fine.

I usual have trouble with gauntlets and calf armour fitting me, not so with this kit.

The only armour other than TK that fits my very large forearms and calves is my RC and now this.

If you're a big guy you shouldn't have any problem fitting into this kit.

Well done Kev, amazing work. :wink:

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Hey mate, any chance of getting the hand plates in ABS at some stage? the resin seems a bit heavy and fragile.

_Jaster":1s0xwjiq]Hey mate, any chance of getting the hand plates in ABS at some stage? the resin seems a bit heavy and fragile.

Those hand plates without the claws can be thrown as hard as you can to the ground and they will not break. The resin is amazing. You can sand out the back side to make them lighter, I just didnt have a chance to do for people as everything came together at the last minute.

Kevin

Guest Anonymous
Is this approved?????

How do I get it approved as I am the first to make it?

You would submit the pics to your GML along with reference material to back up any choices you made. The GML would then post it up to the GML forum where the LMOs, DLs and GMLs of the Legion will discuss the costume and make a decision.

Is this approved?????

How do I get it approved as I am the first to make it?

You would submit the pics to your GML along with reference material to back up any choices you made. The GML would then post it up to the GML forum where the LMOs, DLs and GMLs of the Legion will discuss the costume and make a decision.

Thank You Brother for the Tip!!!!

Kevin

I understand there are issues with my armor. The most apparent is the abdomen section.

TOR-Sith-Acolyte1_zps758f52bb.jpg

Sith_Acolyte_Full_length_large_zps82a3f7c5.png

Now when I decided to make this armor the second pic was the most detailed pic I had as well as some screen caps

The point I am trying to make here is that as good as the other makers armor is, it is more Jedi than sith , by looking at the pictures. the area between the chest and abdomen armor looks more like the under suit than part of the armor, in the pics. There is no center diamond shape on the chest armor for the sith.

If I am wrong please LMK. That is why I made both Jedi And Sith abdomen sections. I will admit my shoe armor need to be improved but, I need to know why my armor is not approvable. It was made from all available images. If someone has hi res images to share please do so. I am not trying to start a conflict here I just want information.

I would say, that the abdomen connecting piece is at least embossed or attached.

It seems very difficult to attach this piece on the undersuit like we see it on the pic.

To make this piece additional seems the only way.

But I would like to see other solutions regarding this piece.

About the diamond piece:

It looks like an empty area what has the shape from a diamond.

When we started with our work there was not such high res pics from the Acolyte but from the Jedi.

That is why we put it in.

But of course it is easy to remove.

Not to have the diamond piece is not a reason for decline the approval in my opinion.

Here is what the LMO had to say about Kevin's armor when I worked with him toward approval:

"just looking over your pics, is yours the same kit as this http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... yte#882436

This kit lacks a lot of detail, and honestly i dont think it meets 501st minimum standard.

I wish i could have better news, but this kit does lack a lot more detail then Wolfgangs.

the chest is ok, but the forearms, thighs, shins leaves a lot off.

Ken"

Whats interesting here is that this kit was approved on 1/29/13 with the condition that the kit gets improved going forward. I assume it means the extra details of the kit (it references the inner leg detail and missing strap that should hold the knee on??)...but its not specifically saying that the kit has a soft pull. I wonder if any missing details could be applied to the kit separately (depending on what they are)? Sometimes fabricating certain pieces and applying them to the existing kit can be done to enhance the detail.

Here is what the LMO had to say about Kevin's armor when I worked with him toward approval:

"just looking over your pics, is yours the same kit as this http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... yte#882436

This kit lacks a lot of detail, and honestly i dont think it meets 501st minimum standard.

I wish i could have better news, but this kit does lack a lot more detail then Wolfgangs.

the chest is ok, but the forearms, thighs, shins leaves a lot off.

Ken"

Hmm, in that case the details are not good enough because of the pulling process.

There are a lot of deep and sharp details what is difficult to bring out with pulling.

But Ken said, the chest piece is ok. No problem because of the missing diamond piece.

It may be possible to enhance the detail by painting the armor in a way that brings out the details a bit more. An example could be applying a darker color in between spaces and grooves. This darker paint can pull the detail out. Here's an example of what I mean with my RC kit. By adding darker color in the grooves and along edges etc it can help pop the detail. Rather than it being painted all one color.

100_3691.jpg

Haven't been here for a while and am happy to see the responses to my questions. I have made several improvements to the molds, most specificly detail lines. I do agree that the detail was lacking a bit on the forearms in the pull, with the greeblies attached. Going forward, again, the greeblees are seperate resin pieces.

I ask again, if anyone can share more hi res pics of the areas of concern I would be thankful,

K