• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Feedback Please

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

These are pictures, not of my armor, but a friend's. He is having trouble posting his pics here, so I'm helping him out and posting them for him.

Any feedback on what you think of the armor/mask would be most appreciated. The vambraces and hand plates aren't done yet, and the proper cape/hood, red fabric drape, and hakama have already been ordered from a seamstress. This is mostly to focus on what the mask, curiass, and abdominal armor need to get 501st approval.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Guest MRJEDI21

I think the ring needs to be a bit thicket. Also the armor color looks more gold, I would try to bronze it up a bit. Make it darker. The mask could be a bit darker silver.

I agree with going slightly more bronze than the gold tone you have now, not much darker. Also a recommendation on the upper chest rings

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-u ... 0-497.aspx

or

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-u ... 9-496.aspx

for a more ring like look

^_^ Katie

what size would you suggest for those

Guest Aysel

size is a good question. I don't know what size would be good for you. I'd suggest getting one in a couple of different sizes but that would get expensive really fast. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good size for him?

^_^ Katie

Guest MRJEDI21

The 5/8 is good for the top one, but the bottom one needs to be smaller, but they don't sell smaller ones. I got some hooks from Tandy and looking at them would figure that one was smaller than the other and technically looking it was, but length wise they were the same. What that does when you put the lower hooks on they extend way past the armor and look funny.