• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Jerec

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was unsure of where to place this, so I will include it here. I wouldn't be one to attempt this character, due to obvious reasons, but I found him interesting with a rich history, background, and unusual clothing.

I stumbled across him in my research of Visas, he is another Miralukan. Perhaps someone on this board may be interested in him: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jerec

Guest Cleverlilminx

I'll hold off on creating such a forum until more interest is expressed in this case.

Normally we get requests when one or more people want to make the costume themselves.

EYEPIECE

The base for the eyepiece should be a pair of non-reflective thin-frame black sunglasses. They are cut to contour around the nose and bridge over the eyes and are about 3/8-1/2 inch wide. The actual frame area appears to be a mesh or fabric, but in a couple of frames, also showed the glint of the eyes. So, it is possible to use non-reflective lenses.

After finding an appropriate pair of sunglasses, cut them down to the appropriate width. You should sand the nosepiece also to allow them to sit closer to the eyes. If the plastic is glossy, it may also be wise to cover it with a coat of flat finish (making sure not to hit the lenses). After that, remove the arms and securely attach a pair of elastic bands to the sides. For another level, create a web-patten between the two elastic bands behind the head.

Eyepiece1.jpgEyepiece2.jpgEyepiece3.jpg

SHOULDERS

The shoulder pauldrons appear to be ABS and have a similar shape to the Original Trilogy Darth Vader shin plates. They are red with a series of black triangles at the edge. They bolt to the shoulder straps of the armor and possibly have an elastic band under the armpit to secure them from flopping around. There is a separate ABS band set over the tops of the shoulders which has three raised symbols spread across it. The length does not go past the sides of the pauldrons and is covered by the mantle of the cape when worn. The bands may connect by a flap which secures under the pauldron (with the bolt through it).

Shoulders1.jpgShoulders2.jpg

ARMOR

The armor cover both the chest and back. It has no true contours, but seems to cover the same area as the Clone Trooper chest and upper back plates. They connect at the shoulder with a Stormtrooper-style shoulder strap which the pauldrons bolt to. There are a pair of straps which go from the chest-plate to the belt. Finally, there are a pair of small straps which connect from the bottoms of the shoulders to velcro pieces on the main part of the jacket. I would also suggest an elastic strap between the front and back plates to secure both from ?flapping.?

Armor1.jpgArmor2.jpg

CAPE WITH MANTLE

The cape appears to be a full-sized cape (like those sold by c*st*mspr*ps on ebay). It?s length is only to the tops of the ankles, though so it will not drag on the ground while you walk. It rests on the half-way point of the shoulder pauldron (possibly velcroed to the pauldron). The mantle connects to the cape along the back of the neck. It is about 4-6 inches wide and is the length of the jacket. It is covered by a series of embroidered symbols on its length.

Cape1.jpgCape2.jpg

BELT

The belt appears to be a typical Imperial Belt without the cog device on the buckle. There is also a saber clip on the right side of the belt. There are two snaps on the left and right side of the belt which the chest plate connects to. Otherwise, it is unremarkable.

Belt1.jpgBelt2.jpg

SABER

The saber would have to be custom built. It can be an FX saber or just a hilt, as Jerec only drew his saber twice preferring to let his underlings do the dirty work. Otherwise, this needs to be a custom saber.

Lightsaber1.jpg

GLOVES

The gloves appear to be normal gauntlets. They are black and have no texture. The gauntlets appear to be fit around the sleeves of the suit. It is possible that they also have some pattern on the back.

Gloves1.jpgGloves2.jpgGloves3.jpg

BOOTS

The boots appear to be typical German Officer Parade boots.

Boots2.jpg

TROUSERS

The trousers are loose fitting around the legs and billow slightly over the boots. They look to be the same material as the jacket.

Trousers1.jpg

JACKET

The jacket appears to be loosely based around the Imperial Officers jacket with some modifications. The length is mid thigh in the front and back and the bottom of the hip on the sides. The jacket has only a crew-neck collar. The bib is loose around the neck to cover the collar, but secures under the pauldron. Finally, the outer sleeves billow slightly over the inner sleeves.

The neck piece appears to be the same material as the chest and back. It wraps around the neck and connects under the bib.

The inner sleeves are identical to sleeves on the Vader undersuit.

Jacket1.jpgJacket2.jpgJacket3.jpg

What can I say, I love costuming. Before I and my wife got into the 501st, I did stuff like this for Ren Faire and Fantasy costumes. A little O.C.D. helps too.

My reason for wanting a Jerec is because there is already a Revan in my Garrison (well, it will be mine, once my Vader gets done by the end of next month). I was looking for another character and came up with this little-known guy. He is featured in the game, the graphic novel, the guide to characters, the minitures, the CCG (Collectible Card Game, not Cloud City Garrison--yet), and the minitures with in the next few months.

After my Vader and my wife's Leonia Tavira (Imp Officer), I will be doing this character.

This update comes after some observations. The updates themselves are in italics.

SHOULDERS

The shoulder pauldrons appear to be ABS Darth Vader Shin Guards. They are flared out more than the Vader Shins and are cut just below the knee in a round or stylized fashion. The curve happens in line with the studs. They are red with a series of black triangles at the edge. They bolt to the shoulder straps of the armor and possibly have an elastic band under the armpit to secure them from flopping around. There is a separate ABS band set over the tops of the shoulders which has three raised symbols spread across it. The length does not go past the sides of the pauldrons and is covered by the mantle of the cape when worn. The bands may connect by a flap which secures under the pauldron (with the bolt through it).

Shoulders1.jpgShoulders2.jpg

ARMOR

The armor cover both the chest and back. It is flat but curves around the body covering the same area as the Clone Trooper chest and upper back plates. They connect at the shoulder with a black Stormtrooper-style shoulder strap which the pauldrons bolt to. There are a pair ofleather straps which go from the chest-plate to the belt. It is implied that a similar pair of straps connect to the belt. Finally, there are a pair of small straps which connect from the bottoms of the shoulders to velcro pieces on the main part of the jacket. I would also suggest an elastic strap between the front and back plates to secure both from ?flapping.? The back plate is not necessary if the cape is worn at all times, but it would give a better sense of realism if it were.

Armor1.jpgArmor2.jpg

CAPE WITH MANTLE

The cape appears to be a full-sized cape (like those sold by c*st*mspr*ps on ebay). It?s length is only to the tops of the ankles so it will not drag on the ground while you walk. The cape rests on the half-way point of the shoulder pauldron (possibly velcroed to the pauldron). The mantle connects to the cape along the back of the neck. It is about 4-6 inches wide and is the length of the jacket. It is covered by a series of embroidered symbols on its length.

Cape1.jpgCape2.jpg

BELT

The belt appears to be a typical Imperial belt and bucklewithout the cog device on the buckle. There is a saber clip bolted onto the right front of the belt with two small round silver bolts. There are two snaps on the left and right sides of the belt which the chest plate connects to.

Belt1.jpgBelt2.jpg

JACKET

The black jacket appears to be loosely based around the Imperial Officers jacket with some modifications. Its material appears to be softer and the fit appears to be looser than the officer jacket. The length is mid thigh in the front and back and curves up to the hips on the sides. The jacket has only a crew-neck collar. The bib is the same and provides a little padding between the armor and the body. The cut on the bib, though, tapers it down a little more sharply than normal. The outer sleeves billow around the inner sleeves and end about mid-bicep.

The neck-piece appears to be the same material as the chest and back. However, it may be more appropriate to use stiffened leather or a flexible plastic covered by shiny black vinyl. It would probably be safe to cleanly break the plastic in he back (or use two separate pieces). Either way, include a bit of velcro to secure them together so they do not shift while wearing. Finally, add a tab to the bottom of the left and right sides of the collar which can be velcroed under the jacket to keep it in place.[/i]

The inner sleeves are identical to sleeves on the Vader undersuit.

Jacket1.jpgJacket2.jpgJacket3.jpg

I look forward to seeing this one, VS. :D

...for obvious reasons... 8)

~ Koda

Well, if and when we are both at the same Con, we'll have to do several thousand duel poses for the fans.

Well, I've decided to turn from the Shadow Guard for this project as my next costume. Well, next while getting a leather kilt, shorter robe, and pantless-version of the undersuit for my Vader to join the Kilted Trooper Detachment (shudder in fear, please).

Otherwise, I'll be starting a new thread for my project. I'll post the description I have above (with some additional information), I'll post the reference information so there is no problem with the three for inclusion, and I'll post pics of my progress.

I know that I'm not allowed to ask who makes what, but could anyone here pint me toward someone who might know where I can get a set of "flattened" Vader shin plates and a possible custom chest-piece?

could anyone here pint me toward someone who might know where I can get a set of "flattened" Vader shin plates and a possible custom chest-piece?[/color]

Sorry, I don't know of any makers. But... the design is so simple, you should easily be able to make them yourself with a sheet of sintra. The real challenge would be in the painting, because it has some great weathered elements to it.

Pam :-)

...if and when we are both at the same Con, we'll have to do several thousand duel poses for the fans....

You know it, brother. 8)

As I'm in the process of recreating Rahm Kota, complete with the topknot and goatee, my Dark Forces II Katarn will have a bit of a hybrid look to him. :?

~ Koda

Well, this has been a long time coming, but I am finally beginning this project.

I would like to create a new thread for my progress pictures, if that is at all possible. It is up to the powers that be, if they could grant me this ability and let me know where to put it.

Well, this has been a long time coming, but I am finally beginning this project.

I would like to create a new thread for my progress pictures, if that is at all possible. It is up to the powers that be, if they could grant me this ability and let me know where to put it.

All right, now that someone is actually getting started on this costume, I'll go ahead and make a section for him in the Research and Development forum. I believe he does have enough references to warrant his own area, and if a suitably accurate costume is made, we can present him to the LMO and legion council for approval as a 501st character.

I'm going to move this thread to his area, also, so that everything about Jerec can be kept together.

Good luck on your costume!

Pam :-)

Yipie!

I mean...

Intriguing!

Now to finish up with my first piece and post some shots... and write up a description... and locate the lost Valley of the Jedi... so many things to do...

Thank you!