• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Maladi PL

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I'm Ewa from Poland. I've just started making a Darth Maladi costume. Here's the first step - skirt. It isn't finished yet, because before the final trimming I want to ask you about the lenght of the skirt. I'd rather leave it longer to achieve such result:

legacy23_02.jpg

normal_Picture15.jpg

and here are some pics of my skirt in progress. I would be grateful for advices how much should I shorten the back. I'm thinking over wearing heels so there won't be any considerable modifications with the front.

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00902.JPG

DSC00908.jpg

Welcome to the Flagship forum!

Darth Maladi's skirt is one of those costume pieces that has a lot of different references. It can reach nearly to the floor, it can drape on the floor, or it can trail behind her. If you wish to make the dragging version, I would say that it needs to be a bit shorter than what you have now, but it can still be pretty long.

On the floor.... or not!

normal_Picture15.jpgnormal_Picture19-1.jpg

Your skirt looks beautiful so far, and the fabric has a very nice drape.

Keep in mind that you need to be able to walk safely in the costume, and with a longer skirt you will always have people stepping on it. Stairs can also become dangerous if you're not careful!

This was my favorite solution for the dragging skirt, from Malincha. I love this picture!

file.php?id=74

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

@skirt solution pictur: Ah, that brings me back ... memories. ^^

I recommend, btw, to contact Malincha. She's in the Flagship as well and surely can help with any Maladi-related issues. She's from Germany, so not that much far away like others. Maybe you could meet up on a con and compare costumes and making-techniques.

Anyway: I'm curious to see your progress. :)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Pam:)

I thought that it's better to make it as long as it's possible:D and shorten it after fitting than be afraid that it could come out too short.

I really love dragging version. I'm aware that I won't be able to walk safely in this skirt and that's why I'm making this costume for one, maybe two times per year and some photo shoots for sure.

I saw Malincha's solution - that's a good idea and I think I'll do the same :)

I'm sure I'll contact her if I have some problems, especially with the crown and hip armour cos she did really great work with this part.

Guest Anonymous

Little update :)

I'm working at other costumes at the same time and Maladi isn't the top of my list so I won't finish it quickly :P

Here are finished skirt and inner shirt:

1.jpg

2.jpg

with 12 cm heels :)

3.jpg

4.jpg