• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Ruyn

Guest Nihilus

Guest Nihilus

I know this is going to be a hard costume build, but it is one I am planing to do at some point, I would like to be the first person with a Darth Ruyn costume to be except into the 501st.

I was wondering has anyone got a copy of the only comic he appeared so I could get copies of the pics of him from it. there is like only 2 pics from the comic available online and a custom figure someone did of him.

These are the only pics I have got so far....

[attachment=2]4111-4.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Death of Darth Ruyn.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]4111-2.jpg[/attachment]

Guest Aysel

please read this page http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... erApproval and this thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=625 so you know what your getting into.

I see he was only in Star Wars: Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2 and mentioned in Star Wars: Legacy 17: Claws of the Dragon, Part 4. This might be one of those characters that just don't have enough art in existence to do.

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

Hey Katie

thanks for the links, I am totally up for the challenge with this costume.. I love a challenge :D this why I was hoping someone here might have the only comic he was in, and could send me scans of all the pics with him. If not an old friend of mine might have it.

I might even see if I can get the contact info for the person that created him and designed him.. they might have drawings that was never release might be able to come to some kind of deal if he knows I want it for the 501st. :)

So I will see what happens.. wish me luck :wink:

Those images are nearly all there is. The full version of the front view does show his full robe.... but with a white haze in front of it from the waist down so that you cannot see any details. There's one other front view, also just of the head, and the picture of him getting his head removed by Talon. That's it... he is only present for two pages, and then he's gone.

You cannot count a custom figure as a reference, so those few partial images are all the references we have. As I often say, make a costume because you want to make it, not because you want to get it approved by some group. I do not think this costume would ever be approved for the 501st simply because there aren't enough references, but if you want it, make it for your own enjoyment.

Pam :-)

Guest Nihilus

Hi Pam thanks for posting the pic.. I actually ended up having a digital copy sent to me :)

Your right with what you said, custom figure can't be trusted.

I am going to do this for my own enjoyment... If some how i can find other pics.. or who knows a comic could be released later on with him in it then I will see about trying to have my costume excepted by the 501st.

Guest Nihilus

I have wrote to the artist who worked on comic with Darth Ruyn and explained to her what I was wanting to do and asked if there was any drawings done of Darth Ruyn that never got used in the comic. So you never know there might be and seeing I explained I was 501st she might be willing to help me out.

Guest Nihilus

Well sadly I never got a reply from the artist Jan Duursema where I wrote her to see if just maybe she had other drawings of him that were never used in the comic showing his costume. :( So looks like this is a lost cause for now unless sometime in the Future someone sees fit to do a comic that looks at the back ground of Darth Ruyn.

So I found someone else that has never been done or listed by the 501st and that there is a lot pics to be found of showing his costume.