• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Canderous Ordo - Mandalore the Preserver.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So,

I did see an earlier thread for Mandalore the Ultimate. At this time I am not aware of an approved 501st costume for Canderous AKA Mandalore the preserver. My focus being his armor set from KOTOR 2. However, given the backstory and interaction with Revan; as well as the available references to a 3d model of him which are not interchangeable in KOTOR 2, I have started in on this costume. I did read the note in regards to creating it then seeking approval which is what I intend to do.

I am just curious if this character has been attempted before?

I also have a WIP thread open for my wife's costume which I am working on.

I would love to hear any feedback on the subject, positive or negative.

Thanks,

Guest Anonymous

It's been a long time since I've played the game... Characters that are player customized aren't eligible for 501st membership. I seem to recall Canderous is one of the characters that you can dress up according to what you have in game. If that's the case, he wouldn't be approved.

If he's one of the NPC characters (like, say, Revan), he could be.

Guest Aysel

When you first meet him you can't customize him, if the costume is the one he comes with (default costume) then it should be ok, all other costumes you, the player, can put on him, are a no go.

Guest Aysel

is the armored version that you are showing of Canderous the starter outfit for his KOTOR 2 appearance?

Guest Aysel

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=625 please read this thread and the page on the 501st main site it links to if you haven't already. It'll tell you the steps you need to take. Building a new costume for the legion can be a long and tedious process, so please have patients as you go through this. Be sure to post your progress pics as you go so we can better help you avoid any costume issues that might crop up. Good luck!

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

So! Given that the helmet is the key! to a good costume, I have successfully exported the 3D model for Canderous; and created and unfolded a Pep for this helmet!

Here is the 3d Frame:

Mandalore%20Pep.png

Guest Anonymous

It's been a bit since I posted here but, here is where my helmet is at so far.

IMG413.jpg

IMG414.jpg

IMG412.jpg

IMG417.jpg

I still need to install the visor. I have several other armor parts already assembled. My concern is, will this be the correct board to seek approval for the entire costume when it is done? Or do I need to establish myself on another forum.

Also, Feedback is appreciated.

Guest Aysel

there specific steps you need to take once your done, the main one is having your GML submit your completed pics to the LMO's when you think your read.

^_^ Katie