• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Books Worth Reading

Guest Nihilus

Guest Nihilus

I couldn't find a thread like this here at Flagship Eclipse, I thought be cool to have thread where we can post about any Star Wars Books worth reading :)

I just finished reading the first 7 free to download short story Ebook "Lost Tribe Of The Sith"

Here is a write up for all the books, if anyone is interested in reading them I don't mind sending you copies.

post-1523-142759261462_thumb.jpg

Plot:

For the ruthless Sith Order, failure is not an option. It is an offense punishable by death—and a fate to which Commander Yaru Korsin will not succumb. But on a crucial run to deliver troops and precious crystals to a combat hotspot in the Sith's war against the Republic, Korsin and the crew of the mining ship Omen are ambushed by a Jedi starfighter. And when the Sith craft crash-lands, torn and crippled, on a desolate alien planet, the hard-bitten captain finds himself at odds with desperate survivors on the brink of mutiny—and his own vengeful half brother, who's bent on seizing command.

No matter the cost, Korsin vows that it will not be his blood and bones left behind on this unknown world. For the way of the Sith leaves little room for compromise—and none for mercy.

post-1-142759260831_thumb.jpg

Plot:

The ruthless cunning of the Sith Order has served the shipwrecked crew of the Omen well on the alien planet Kesh. Subjugating the superstitious Keshiri race by posing as its fabled overlords has ensured the Sith's survival—while they struggle in secret to return to the stars. But after fifteen years on their adopted world, some among the lost tribe have grown restless and fearful that assimilation will consume their Sith heritage. Now, as rival factions begin to appear, a shocking disaster throws into doubt the Sith's future on Kesh.

In the distant city of Tetsubal, the entire native populace is suddenly wiped out by a grisly plague of unknown origin. With terrifying speed, more cities succumb to the mysterious contagion. Only the Sith remain unharmed—so far. And as Sith commander Yaru Korsin grapples with the looming loss of the paradise he rules and the race his people have come to depend upon, he must confront the dark possibility that the catastrophe may not be cruel fate but insidious sabotage.

post-1523-142759261467_thumb.jpg

Guest Nihilus

post-1-142759260843_thumb.jpg293px-LTotS_Purgatory.jpg[/attachment]

Plot:

The mighty Sith dynasty founded on the planet Kesh by the survivors of the shipwrecked Omen has endured for a thousand years—and so has the merciless Sith code, which prizes power above all else. Lady Orielle Kitai enjoys power as the scion of a noble family and member of the elite Sith Sabers. But Lillia Venn, as reigning Grand Lord of the Sith, possesses absolute power…and is determined to keep it.

When a failed regicide sparks a political—and literal—bloodbath, and suspicion falls on Orielle, she is swiftly condemned to slavery by the ruthless Grand Lord Venn. But seeing the cunning power play for what it is, Orielle vows to strike back. And at the ramshackle home of a poor dirt farmer with an astounding secret, she discovers the means to make her vengeance a devastating reality.

[attachment=0]250px-LTotS-Sentinel.jpg[/attachment]

Plot:

Cast into slavery by the machinations of the Sith, Ori Kitai believes she's found her way back into the Lost Tribe—and perhaps a whole lot more. Ori's discovery of a second starship gives her the opportunity to avenge the humiliations heaped on her family by the decrepit Grand Lord. Indeed, she could turn their entire society upside down—offering escape from their planetary prison.

But Ori encounters resistance from a surprising person: the seemingly humble farmer who took her in: a man with a secret past and an agenda of his own. He cannot allow Ori Kitai to unleash the Lost Tribe on an unsuspecting galaxy. But how can he stop the woman he loves without destroying them both?

Guest Nihilus

[attachment=0]293px-LTOTSPantheon.jpg[/attachment]

Plot:

When the Sith ship Omen crash-landed on Kesh two thousand years ago, the crew encountered native barbarism and superstition. Now a violent millennium has reduced the Lost Tribe of the Sith to a similar state. While Sith teachings are remembered, honored, and violently practiced, knowledge of the Lost Tribe's true origins has all but vanished.

With a dark age imperiling the Sith, the future rests in the hands of the unlikeliest of people: Caretaker Hilts, the official keeper of lore. Mild-mannered by Sith standards, the aged Hilts hopes to use the wisdom of the ancients to reunite his people. But the truth he uncovers becomes anything but the Tribe's salvation. Rather, he may have set loose forces leading to its destruction -- and his own.

I really love the books. It's a great way to build so much more of the Star Wars world. I just got back from my local geek shop with 5 new Star Wars books in my hands! Been watching a lot of Clone Wars lately so I grabbed the Republic Commando series as well as the 501st novel.

I recently finished Death Troopers and really enjoyed it. I'm a big horror genre fan, so to have a book that has both horror and Star Wars I couldn't pass up! Currently reading a Revan book from the Old Republic era.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus

So true Nef.. I really enjoy the books.. I really would love to see George Lucas go back and do a new Trilogy based on the Old Republic era.

I been meaning to read Death Troopers been told it is really good and that I would like it seeing my love of horror. :D I actually want to get a Death Trooper costume together seeing they are excepted into the 501st. 8)

If you liked Death Troopers you need to read Red Harvest, awesome Star Wars zombie book.

Just picked up Red Harvest this weekend! Gonna give it a read once I'm done my current book.

I found Death Troopers disappointing. The only thing that made it a Star Wars novel was that they shoe horned Han and Chewie into it, otherwise it was just generic space horror. Except it wasn't a good horror story either, in my opinion.

THe Fate of the Jedi books, I'd rate as worth reading. The later books are better than the early ones in the series.

Republic Commando books were very good and did a great job of getting me interested and invested in the characters.

the two The Old Republic books were well written.

My all times favorite SW books though are the X-Wing series, both the Rogue and Wraith Squadron cycles.