• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan - Saber(s), Misc. Costume Pieces

Guest Anonymous

To update the pinned topics:

Saberforge now offers their Fallen model, which is directly inspired by Darth Revan's saber. It even has a covertech knob, which is awesome. They're only making 100 of this first run, though, so get in on it if you want one. (At only $150 for the hilt, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal on a custom hilt like this.)

I got a notification that mine will ship this week, so turnaround is pretty impressive, especially for Saberforge (they tend to be a bit of a wait, but not bad).

You can find the Fallen here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/223291810/pre-order-fallen-custom-saber-inspired?ref=favs_view_1

Hello guys.

I am having some trouble to build my Revan chest armor.

I come from germany and I don't speak english that well so it's very difficult for me to find the right things. The Revan is my FIRST costume ever and I already got the mask, Boots, Hakama, Cape, Gloves and hand and forearm-armor (I made them with WORBLA'S FINEST ART)

But I can't find a good pattern (don't know if this is the right word) for the chest armor. Can't find helpfull pages or threads to solve the problem. Some wirte: I made it myself.. When I write them a PM, there is no answer which is very sad or if there's an answer it says: You have to look in the internet. It's very easy.. and that's it :(

So is there anyone that can help me find what I am looking for?

I'm replying to keep your hopes up, I personally did not make my chest armour myself, but you should start a thread in the forums asking for help from Revan ostume makers. I got my armour from MWA.

"Build my Revan chest armor."

I invite you to make a work in progress thread. I would like to see you and the rest of your items I may be able to assist you in drafting a pattern based on my darth Revan armor details. I'd just need you to make a few measurements. If you do not want to do that I can always draft a pattern (basic one) and just tell you what to buy from there. Don't lose hope good sir.

• Like 1

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but what's your thoughts on Vader Vault's Rev-n Elite in terms of being approved?  Thinking about going this route if it is good, but don't want to drop the cash if it won't be approved.  Thanks for your insight!

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-pktq5q/p2xwybvk/products/109/images/450/081__79842.1425525028.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but what's your thoughts on Vader Vault's Rev-n Elite in terms of being approved?  Thinking about going this route if it is good, but don't want to drop the cash if it won't be approved.  Thanks for your insight!

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-pktq5q/p2xwybvk/products/109/images/450/081__79842.1425525028.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

They have a Copper emitter instead of Gold, there is a difference. Also it has only 1 activation switch instead of 2 like the game. So I got the Saber Forge Fallen "HILT" w/ Custom Insides and a V4 blade....280.00 Total instead of close to 400.00. JMO

• Like 1

I've seen a few Revan pictures looking like they are using the Shock from Ultrasabers.  The CRL basically calls for Red or Red/Purple blade, and Gold or Brass on the Emitter (head) and pommel. It's not a 1 for 1 recreation of the one you can find on places like Vaders Vault but they are certainly more reasonable on cost even if you fill in the saber with all the higher end features.  It's about 90.00 cheaper than VV from what I've seen.

Saber Forge is about to make their version available again, the Fallen, through their Saberparts site, but it's a build your own and I believe you have to assemble it yourself if you go that route.

I'm leaning mostly to the Shock LE at this point simply because of cost and Ultrasabers excellent reputation.  Later I may replace the pommel with their Archon since it gets it a little closer to looking the same, but that's probably a bit nit-picky.