• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nefthys' WIP Nihilus

Nefthys

Guest Anonymous
have you bought that yet? if you haven't bought that yet, you can call dharma trading company and ask them how much it would be to ship the silk to your location. I ask cause I don't think that the poplin is a good choice, it tends to be stiff and you want a free flowing fabric. If the shipping is too much, keep looking around, you'll probably be able to find a better fabric.

^_^ Katie

no no it was an example :) i will search a silk :D

thank

Well I started school a little while back and it's been taking up most of my time, so there has been a lull in costume making. I have however had 4 glorius days off and I've gotten a lot done. The cape and hood re-make are done and I am pretty happy with them so far. I took photo's but seem to have misplaced my camera cord. The moment I find it I'll have the pictures up to get people's feed back. Also have done a significant amount more on my mask. Getting close to the end now. Sewed up a black out mask for myself as well. I couldn't find any decent ones that didn't squish and hurt my poor nose. Once the mask is painted I can post pictures of the whole ensamble and let everyone give me the "fix-ems" before I submit for approval.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus

I was wondering how you were getting on Neff, look forward to seeing how your coming a long with your mask. :)

I'm hoping my main costume will be ready in about 3 weeks time. 8)

Pictures! I found the elusive camera cord.

I took these while the mask wasn't quite completed. It's still missing the round nubby thing in the center decoration and of course has not been painted yet. I'll get updated photos of the mask as well as the full costume ensemble ASAP!

Mask

P5120022.jpg

The cloak, hood and mask.

P5120029.jpg

And me being very excited about getting the cloak and hood finished. My room mate took this while I was talking animatedly to her. I'll get her back....

nihilus002.jpg

Please let me know how everything is looking. If there are changes to be made and the like.

Cheers,

Nef

Looking good, I think you're going to need to add maybe an inch or two of padding to the hood to get your mask up high enough to line up right on your face. (Nose in the nose hole, mandible at the upper lip)

I love seeing somebody making this costume themselves for themselves from the ground up. :-)

Done! Finally got everything finished. As per your comment Scott, I added padding to the inside of the hood so it sits higher on my head, thus placing the mask higher. I think I need to add just a bit more, make it a little higher still. But it's pretty much finished with just a few minor tweeks. Feed back would be great!! Please let me know if there are any things I need to change.

Front

DSC01396.jpg

Back

DSC01397.jpg

Side

DSC01399.jpg

Mask and Hood

DSC01412.jpg

Cheers,

Nef

Looks good, I'd say that your suit should be approveable as it sits right now.

Some advice I'd pass on, not mandatory changes, but to really knock this suit out of the park.

Give the belt another coat of black dye, it's just a bit brown (could just be the lighting in the pics.)

Tug the belt down a little bit lower on you

See if you can't get the mask to sit a little bit further back or the horns to sit just a bit further forward in relation to each other.

Practice a menacing pose. :-)

Guest Aysel

what Scott said but I'll add one more thing, try to fold the edges of your obi so that only about 1 inch of it can bee seen above and below your belt ^_^

and practice a menacing pose ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Aysel

something popped out at me with a fresh view of the pictures

your belt should be black, it appears brown in your pics, and I'm concerned about the shape of your horns/ears above the mask jewel

^_^ Katie

something popped out at me with a fresh view of the pictures

your belt should be black, it appears brown in your pics, and I'm concerned about the shape of your horns/ears above the mask jewel

^_^ Katie

Hello!

Yes, the belt is black, but looks brownish in that light. I added second coat of black dye and it looks much better now. I have fixed up the shape of the horns as well. I submitted my application and they also said the horns needed work. Those have been fixed, pictures were submitted and....

APPROVED!!

My new TKID is 4945!! Yay!!

I look forward to trooping with the 501st!

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus

Congratz Nef! I am soooo happy for you :D

You did a wonderful job on your costume... Can't wait to see pics from your first troop :wink:

You did a wonderful job on your costume... Can't wait to see pics from your first troop :wink:

Thanks Nihilus! I'm really excited to be trooping this Friday. I was really hoping to get my costume done and approved in time for the Expo this weekend. My current sewing project is an ice pack harness to wear under all those layers of fabric! Gets super warm under there, but it will be worth it. My old ice pack harness is looking a bit rough, so I decided to make a new and improved one! This has also led to me making about 6 others for all my friends making warm costumes for this weekend too, so we shall all be keeping cool in style.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus

Thanks Nihilus! I'm really excited to be trooping this Friday. I was really hoping to get my costume done and approved in time for the Expo this weekend. My current sewing project is an ice pack harness to wear under all those layers of fabric! Gets super warm under there, but it will be worth it. My old ice pack harness is looking a bit rough, so I decided to make a new and improved one! This has also led to me making about 6 others for all my friends making warm costumes for this weekend too, so we shall all be keeping cool in style.

Cheers,

Nef

Yw Nef... bet your getting really excited now with the troop only a day away :wink:

Thats a great idea the ice pack harness.. I never thought of anything like that for costumes that are hot.

Yes! Very excited for tomorrow! My light saber also arrived on Monday, so now I can be a sith in style. I thought I wouldn't get it for a few weeks but they were super fast with shipping.

Been baking all evening. Making star wars cupcakes and Han Solo frozen in carbonate chocolates for the troopers this weekend. Gotta keep the Empire fed!

Cheers,

Nef

I've posted some photo's in the Event Photograph's section. There is also a video!

I got my lightsaber from Ultrasabers. The lightsaber I got was not for Nihilus, it was from my other sith costume.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus
Who did you get your lightsaber off of Nef? and can I see a pic :)

Ok cool will check out the pics :wink:

My costume will be finished in about a week time 8)