• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

sith stalker approve question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hello!

I am currently working on a sith stalker costume.

As I want to get it approved for the 501st I have a question.

I am female, and females dont have a flat chest like the standard sith stalker does.

I heard you wont be judged on your build but my question is:

how am I allowed to adjust the chest piece(armor) so that my breasts go under it.

should I make a bend in the armor to make it look female or make it way too big so that they fit under the armor(this would look weird on the side of the body).

thanks for the help in advance!

how big are we talking? I'd suggest binding with 6" ace bandages if you can, or combine it with a really good sports bra

^_^ Katie (who never has to think of these things :oops: )

Guest Anonymous

hehe ive got no idea how sizes in english work =P but normal size, not small not big haha.

tough not small enough to get squeezed away by the armor as it looks on the pics =P

Guest jabbathenutt

a female stalker??

good luck with it, if you need any tips or anything let me kno

i will be keeping an eye on this thread... and dont forget to post up pics :)

Guest Anonymous

yes a female! we shall conquer everything!

but yeah.. made my second helmet today with pepakura.. and this time its way too big >.<

the shoulder is good and so are the fingers.

the rest was either too small or too big and keeps on being that way so far =P

does anyone have an idea on where in the netherlands to buy the material used for the neck collar? or how it is called here?

site with pics:

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s222 ... 20stalker/

pass: melanie

Guest Daritha

Neck collar is allright in English.

About the curves "issue": Did you thought about a kind of "fat suit"? My thought are going into the direction of: Flatting your boobs with gaffer tape, a compression shirt or whatever and on the same time widening your body with additional stuff. I don't know about your body type but you could also gain some nice male body form with this.

Just my two cents - maybe they'll help?

Otherwise: I'm thrilled how your Stalker will turn out!

Guest Anonymous

oh, no I mean what the material they make the neck collar of is called (and then the dutch name for it) =p

I think that I can hide my breasts under the armor if I make it a little bigger (slightly ovrsized)

I dont think a fat suit would be nice as the stalker is a slim and thin character, and luckily I am too haha =P

My niece does male anime characters and goes about between a C to D cup bra size so I know it can be done. I first saw her wrapped and in costume at Otakon a couple years ago and as a costume builder was impressed by the transformation. Do some googling I'm sure you can get good info on techniques.

~ Vonnor

Guest Anonymous

I know the arms are pretty exposed for this costume, but if you can figure out a way to pad up the shape of your shoulders? That can make a big difference in body shape with a large chest and limit some of the "binding" complications. But I also second the ace bandages if you absolutely have to go the binding route.

Guest Anonymous

after being silent for a while here are new piccies and some questions.

On the official stalker from the game he has 4 claws on each hand. a stalker costume that got approved has only 3 on each. should I have 4 or 3?

also I see claws with a thin metal plat above the rings, and some dont, which should I use?

and another question about the claws: some have the claws on the place you wear a ring, whilst others have then in the middle of the finger?

Btw: every forum adjusts the size ogf my pics but yours doesnt seem to... =P

heres the piccies!

20120610_203616.jpg

20120610_191948.jpg

20120610_191709.jpg

Guest Aysel

as with anything we do in the EU, try to get as close to the reference pictures as you can get.

^_^ Katie