• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Future to be Imperial Knight...i hope

Guest Vodika

Hi evryone,

First time here so here is a little introduction.

I'm Chris, i live in Belgium, crazy about Star Wars...(why else would i be here?) and i think the comic series Legacy are the best Star Wars comics ever.

Out of Legacy i always loved the Imperial Knights and finally temptation is too great to resist anymore to make one.

So, first i will read everything here and do a lot of research.

C ya later...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Expanded Universe Star Wars costuming! ^_^ We are here to answer any and hopefully all your questions ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Daritha

Well, I wish you success with any upcoming project. I myself am a big Legacy fan too, so I can relate to your sentiments. It still is a great series, and I really like nearly every costume there.

Maybe the tutorial I made for my Imperial Knight helps a bit:

ik.jpg

Well,

My armor arrived today.

Guess there really is no way back now...

First i will trim, cut, bondo and what else more to make it fit my size.

In the coming weeks i will also try to find the fabrics i need.

A question where i can't seem to find the answer for:

Does the armor need to be shiny new or can it be weathered? Like a little dirt? Or battledamage?

Does the armor need to be shiny new or can it be weathered? Like a little dirt? Or battledamage?

That's a good question, and I really don't know the answer to it. I've seen armor for other characters (stormtrooper, clone, etc) that was dirty or battle damaged, and the sandtrooper amor certainly tends to look a bit weathered... so I would assume that Imperial Knight armor could be portrayed that way, also.

But, considering the size of the Imperial Knight ego and their drive to always look and be the best, I imagine any damage to their armor would be repaired ASAP, so it wouldn't be normal to see something like that. They're the spit-and-polish variety of armor wearers. I would advise checking with an LMO before damaging your armor, just to be on the safe side!

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

The Knight has to have a shining armor for approval in the Rebel Legion. But for the 501st: Check with the LMO, as Pam said.

In case, just made a matte one. Later, you can spray some shiny lacque on it. Its more difficult the other way around. ^^

But, considering the size of the Imperial Knight ego and their drive to always look and be the best, I imagine any damage to their armor would be repaired ASAP, so it wouldn't be normal to see something like that.

I don't believe ego was a defining character of the Imperial Knights. Of the named Imperial Knights in the Legacy story lines, only Antares and Sigel had issues with hubris. Antares was redeemed and Sigel perished. The other knights were defined by their level-headedness.

A sandtrooper is not an Imperial Knight. I think it is much more tenable argument to liken and Imperial Knight's armour to an Imperial Guard. Shining examples of the Empire.

RoyalGuardForcePike-BTM.jpg

Still, an Imperial Knight does see battle action:

380007_10150946739510008_857835007_21612948_869576694_n.jpg

45186_463423534622_633079622_6455044_584441_n.jpg

While I would avoid going into blast marks and Dewback spit-up on the armour of the most capable units the Empire has to offer, weathering similar to known reference should be passable for a well constructed Imperial Knight costume.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Vodika

Thanks for the replies everyone. :wink:

I wasn't thinking about 'sandtrooper' weathering my armor but i was thinking more like bits of durt in the cracks and seems of the armor.

But anywho...

Firts i will need to start working on my armor (real life stuff and 7 month old twin daughters are melting my time away 8) )

and i think i will go with a shiny version first and see from there.

Regards everyone.