• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

fabric

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone recommend fabric to use for dress? some of the pics of members look shiny but that may have been the flash. I am thinking "bottoms weight" from Joann's?

Thank you in advance for advice

my advice would be to print out a picture of the costume then go to the fabric store and try to match it. It's what I've done in the past and it works out pretty good.

^_^ Katie

Yup, that's what I do, too. Good advice. I always take a printout with me to buy fabric or costume greeblies. It also helps for the print to be made on quality photo paper, rather than regular copy paper, because then the colors and details come out bright and clear.

I definitely would not use a shiny fabric... and a heavier fabric would be better because it would have a solid drape. You don't want it to look flimsy!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I am torn between a poly cotton blend and straight poly (almost like suit material I think that the poly suit material will be more "flowy" and not stiff. I guess I will figure it out when I get ready to purchase before next armor party!

Guest Anonymous

mine is a poly suiting fabric with a very small (but noticeable close up) basket weave pattern which I thought looked typical robe. it has a very faint sheen in certain lights.

The main issue I have is with the hood - I really need to weight it a little to prevent it blowing off