• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

A'Sharad Hett

Tags

Thanx.

Took a bit,, but it was fun. Doubt we'll see many people building this costume, but Hett is 501st official now

I'd never worry myself about popular. I do it for myself.

And popular or not, great craftsmanship and accuracy can be appreciated by all.

Be well.

I think that this is very good news. I myself am the holder of this costume for more than a year, my photos have been sent application to my garrison GML. Hopefully I'll be number 2

I think that this is very good news. I myself am the holder of this costume for more than a year, my photos have been sent application to my garrison GML. Hopefully I'll be number 2

Do you have any pics of your Hett?

I'm really glad Hett is a 501st now, he is one of the few that has the hair I need!

Yea, that braid is my own hair.

2.jpg

Suggestion to Tags:

If you look at references for A'Sharad Hett, or any other Tusken Raider, you'll notice the head wrap does not go between the "eyes."

a-sharad-hett.jpg

Tusken5.jpg

Tusken_Raider.jpg

Instead it goes over the eyes. Yours goes around the eyes;

20.jpg

I think you could make the suit more menacing and at the same tyme more accurate with a bit of a rewrap.

Be well,

Thomas

I may experiment with with some changes, though this based off the comic book and unfortunately the comic artist tend to take shortcuts and don't differentiate well. While it would make sense to follow a Tusken style wrap the discrepancies between comic pics alone make things tough to decipher. in some pics he has wrappings around the blood spitters in others they aren't there, and in some the wrappings look like they go between the eyes, but it's hard to tell.

Though on that note, we should prepare for the new Hetts that may arrive so they know what to look for. I would certainty suggest any Hett costumers take a close look at the Tusken face, that makes the most sense for Hett, and Tusken face is more defined then Hetts.

The leather under everything looks pretty dark, it almost appears to wrap around the the eyes and blood spitters... Hmm I did order a second mask kit, so maybe I can experiment with the under leather and wrappings and see what I can do. Fortunately my face place is removal from the rest of the head so I can swap faces, even lenses if I want too... I may try a whole new style for the head though... It's the face that intrigues me the most however.

The primary reference for A'Sharad Hett as a qualifying villain character for 501st inclusion is a few panels from Star Wars Legacy 16; Claws of the Dragon. I referred to this comic in hand when called to discuss the character with our LXO, Mark Haskell. This comic, drawn by Jan Duursema, displays a consistent look for the character, with head dress matching canon ANH Tusken Raiders.

As I am not costuming the character, I do not have scans of this handy.

However, I do suggest anyone interested in honing A'Sharad Hett to scan these references and share them here on The Flagship Eclipse's gallery. Note; appearances of the character before Star Wars Legacy 16; Claws of the Dragon may not be admissible as the character had been working with Jedi. A'Sharad's first appearance, where he stood along side his father organizing Tusken defenses against the advance of militant Tattooine settlers may be the subject of furture 501st discussion;

360px-HettsSaveMundi-SWREP10.jpg

The colors in that are blinding...

I have a copy of the comic with the images from claws of the dragon, and I have a collection of images scanned from it that I used during my build.

Here is a link to my ref images...

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/sa3X/Refs/

The boards burped and double posted... *Shrug*

The colors in that are blinding...

I have a copy of the comic with the images from claws of the dragon, and I have a collection of images scanned from it that I used during my build.

Here is a link to my ref images...

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/sa3X/Refs/

I managed to do in the fast few pictures of my costume. So the presents. Some time ago, has already been accepted by the Rebel Legion. But I'm glad that I can have it approved in the 501st Legion.

dsc04766f.jpg

Looks good, I had to add weathering to mine, even tattering to the outer tunic... At least we can get a few more Hetts in. ;>

YangObi, I don't recall seeing your costume in the LMO approval thread yet. Perhaps your GML has approved it, but it has not yet gone to the LMO for legion approval. When it does appear in the LMO approval thread, my critique will include the need for weathering. Your costume is well made, but it looks too brand-new and spotlessly clean for a 501st tusken!

Pam :-)