• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Reference Photos (now with video!!)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here are reference shots on the Darth Malak Character:

Jedi Malak (before he lost his jaw):

prejaw.jpg

jedimalak.jpg

jedimalak2.jpg

Artwork:

chest-art.jpg

jawshot.jpg

artwork3.jpg

artwork2.jpg

Promo Shots:

artwork.jpg

fullbody.jpg

promo.jpg

Screenshots:

nojaw.jpg

chestcloseup.jpg

closeup-jaw.jpg

Additional Shots:

Mini:

mini.jpg

Model:

model-shot.jpg

Saber blow-up:

saberblowup.jpg

Guest Anonymous

mostly covered by cape... sorry no go... haha as far as I've found their are no shots of the back of malak which sucks cause its kinda hard to see how the cape drapes down... it looks to only go down half of the back on the right side.... still trying to find a screenshot of him from behind

Guest Anonymous
Hmmm... give me a few days, I may know a certain someone who has a rear image of Malak...

:wink:

... that statement worries me wendy, it realllllly does... haha ok sounds good

Guest Cleverlilminx
Hmmm... give me a few days, I may know a certain someone who has a rear image of Malak...

... that statement worries me wendy, it realllllly does... haha ok sounds good

It's more innocent and much cooler if he has the images I now seek. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

more good cutscene videos:

this one is my favorite cutscene with malak and contains good closeups of both the back of his jaw and the material of the bodysuit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQm-ZaM4l8g

good cutscene showing the sides of the jaw and the detailing around the ear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3x0_ZIRQ68

good cutscene of malak without his jaw on showing better detail of the collar underneathe and also a good shot of the tattoo's on the back of his head sorry but its in french):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtRkgWqlFcA

Guest Anonymous

I uploaded 3 additional shots of malak on the gallery... would you prefer that I upload all the ones I posted in here as well or does a mod or admin wish to do it instead?

Guest Cleverlilminx

If you have the time, go for it.

I have to go in there and move them all into the correct folders soon anyway.

Guest Anonymous

forgot to mention I uploaded all of them except the ones that it said were too big... they just need moved into the malak gallery

Guest Anonymous

No problem my brother!. I love how this picture looks.

Not sure if I can move pictures from my gallery to the Malak gallery or not.

I?ll bug our Sith Lord at Lunch ;)

Guest Cleverlilminx
Here is the Malak picture from the New Essential Chronology that I mentioned awhile back (great read btw)

Darth Malak and his apprentice Bastila Shan.

malikandbastilavx3.jpg

I found it here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Malak

Ummm... this image is different from all the other references of Malack...

Unless other images like this come around soon, I would not recommend this as a reference.

Guest Anonymous

yeah definitely is the image that came to mind when i saw it... more than likely the same artist, but both not really the best images for reference.... ghastly incorrect

Guest Cleverlilminx

The spiked gauntlets are my biggest concern with the image you posted Tim. Unless that starts to pop up elsewhere, and not the same photo mind you, then I guess it can be a variation.

Guest Anonymous

well those gauntlets so far are in nothing else... definitely nothing official... so with them only being in one artwork done by an unknown artist (possibly just a fan) I don't think there will be cause for concern... nor do I think its even technically a variation

Guest Cleverlilminx
well those gauntlets so far are in nothing else... definitely nothing official... so with them only being in one artwork done by an unknown artist (possibly just a fan) I don't think there will be cause for concern... nor do I think its even technically a variation

That's why I'm not moving the image into the gallery and stating here that this isn't to be used as reference.

Guest Anonymous

I chalk it up to artistic license. I'll have to find who the artist was. Someone paid by the big G if its in one of the Essential Guides.

I sometimes see differences in a characters outfit during one issue of a comic and the character is in the same outfit ;) (Lets not even get started on Darth Maladi oi)

The gauntlets are cool but unique for now.

Maybe he wanted to look butch for his apprentice or something ;)

Seriously I really like the picture, beautiful work. Its nice to look at and who knows might be useful someday or at least contributes to geek-factor

I believe there was a period in which Malak was Revan's apprentice, uninjured.... but in order to get such a costume approved for the legion, you would need to provide reference images of the full costume, front and back. You'd also need to show that the pictures represent a costume worn after he fell to the darkside, rather than from when he was a Jedi.

Pam :-)