• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Naa'Leth - Clone Wars Nightsister- ref image heavy

Guest Tirilia

Guest Tirilia

Hello all!

I've come here to confess... I've fallen in love.

...With the outfits of the Nightsisters.

In particular one, by the name of Naa'Leth. I'm not sure why I noticed her amongst the others, perhaps it was the Energy Bow, the particular shape of the blades on her back, or the happy fact that her upper-upper thighs are covered (I'm not That brave).

I would love to finish her costume in time to wear it to Celebration 6 next year.

I'm not necessarily looking to go for 501st approval, it would be a great bonus, but its (and I surprise myself a little here) not the reason I want the costume.

Here are the references I've sourced for her so far.. I'm sure a few of them are familiar.

Please excuse my notes.. I was comparing the screenshots of possibles to images I knew to be her.

The points of consistent reference seem to be her fringe, eye makeup/tattoos and the shape of the blades on her back.

01.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

35.jpg

millenniumfalconclonewaa.jpg

thisisasajj.jpg

And the clearest;

34.jpg

49.jpg

illo_03_bg.jpg

This is the image I used to work out which nightsister was which;

Mostly by using their tattoos or the way their legs were wrapped, missing armbands etc or of course, the shape of their individual back blades.

NightsisterLineup-TCW.jpg

Here is the only nightsister character reference sheet Ive been able to find, although her costume isnt the one used, she appears to be closest in appearance to the blue haired sister on the far left.

bts10.jpg

Ive contacted the owner of MilleniumFalcon and Joe Corroney to ask either if they have come across full 3d (front, back, sides) character reference sheets, and am really crossing my fingers that they have.

If anyone has images that Ive missed, I would be very appreciative :) I want to get this outfit 100% right and really do it justice... I also have a weaponsmith friend who is assisting me to create the Energy Bow.

Thanks for reading!

Guest Tirilia

Just spent some time watching through episode 12, 13 and 14, grabbed as many screenshots of her as I could (and the bow too).

I think I may have enough front, back and sides to make out 99% of the details.. that 1% is going to bug me though *lol* will have to see what I can do.

As far as matching details are concerned, I notice she has a particular pattern (almost lavalamp like) on her shirt. Would I need to match the pattern splat for splat in order to be considered truly accurate?

Will post up some more of the screenshots later :)

Guest Tirilia

As promised, just a handful of the many many screenshots taken from the 3 episodes.. I think I may have enough coverage of her front, back and sides.. I ended up with over 30 images... I also have about 10 shots of the energy bow alone.

Sorry for the quality of some.

front5.png

front4.png

front3.png

face.png

other3.png

side1.png

back4.png

back2.png

other4.png

Having just read through the other nightsister thread, very happy that I'll be able to use leggings! Will definitely be using only promo shots for color sources though.. will take these directly from the star wars websites and pray they havent lightened or darkened them *lol*

Guest sithgirl40

It appears we are trying to make the same sister.

GOOD! That way we can talk to each other and ....i hope, make this process easier for both of us.

We, my "other sister" and I have dyed the leggins, we made, but are having a hard time wrapping the ankle part. We want it to lay flat and would prefer if you could not see the sew lines.....but as we are using red thread on red fabric, we are hoping it will not be seen.....as it is close to the floor, it should not.

We however, are going for 501st approval.

Thanks for all the new images though. The detail on her gold looking banding, or trim, may turn out to be a challenge.

Guest Tirilia

Hehe I was wondering when you would see this thread.

Best of luck :)

I was thinking perhaps to use as little visible sewing as possible, most of the time, the fabric looks quite thick, as if doubled over.. I was thinking of using double width strips of fabric, sewing down one half and then folding them over tightly to hide the stitching... that was just one idea though, havent tested it yet.

No worries, did you not have the ref images before?

How were you going to tackle the pattern on Naa'Leths vest?

Oh and have you seen these guys?

5966882081_5509b168db_z.jpg

their name is Team Unicorn, I think you can find them on facebook.

Guest sithgirl40
Hehe I was wondering when you would see this thread.

Best of luck :)

I was thinking perhaps to use as little visible sewing as possible, most of the time, the fabric looks quite thick, as if doubled over.. I was thinking of using double width strips of fabric, sewing down one half and then folding them over tightly to hide the stitching... that was just one idea though, havent tested it yet.

No worries, did you not have the ref images before?

How were you going to tackle the pattern on Naa'Leths vest?

Oh and have you seen these guys?

5966882081_5509b168db_z.jpg

their name is Team Unicorn, I think you can find them on facebook.

We have several images, but not from the actual show. Just them posing in a Star Wars magazine and some other photos.

I have a plain vest pattern I'm trying to use for the vest. My "sister" is excellent at taking patterns and revamping them. I can let you know what we come up with...

And I have seen that photos. Although they did a good job, there are many features that are missing from their versions.

Guest sithgirl40

what color are you doing the trim around her "sleeve" and vest trim. I thought it was kinda gold...but kinda looks whiteish or silver like from your photos........

Guest sithgirl40
Pale brown-copper I think :)

awesome. thanks

and my friend just bought an air compressor and getting an airbrush this week. Hoping the paint will be in soon so we can work out how to mix the gray and white to get the right shade....or at least close enough.

Guest Tirilia

Thank you Aysel :) Please jump in with any ideas you might have, Ive already put it to my garrison.. but you guys are pro at this stuff *lol*

Received my white-out contact lenses today (visible pupil), and the EL wire for the bow.. a friend of mine is really good with replica weapons, he has some fantastic ideas for the bow and the structure of the hood.. we're thinking fiberglass to ensure it holds it shape but stays light.. looking at it's structure, it really does look like a fabric wrapped helmet.

Guest sithgirl40

I too am having a friend help with the bow. He teaches archery at a school and his son has won many tournaments...so they know what they are doing.

So far though, we have broken 3. oops! We may end up making the bow so it appears to be drawn all the time. That way we don't have to worry about it breaking when I pull the cord back.

We are trying to figure out where best to hid the switches for the EL wire....

As for the hat. I used plastic canvas...like the kind used to cover tissue boxes...covered that in red cloth..actually it was a red pillow case :) and cut stretchy fabric in a huge spiral to cover the hat. I kept it in place with a strong double sided tape. I figured if it worked, I can always sew it down later..

you can actually heat and bend plastic canvas to the shape you want, it's a thermal plastic. and hot glue for the places that need to be joined. I made a blaster holster out of it and it's holding up just fine.

^_^ Katie