• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Belt and Sash

Guest Darth Revan

Guest Darth Revan

In discussions with Jan, this is what I have learned:

Belt

The belt is a dark brown. (confirmed with Jan)

It has a "lived in" look. (HINT: Weather it :D ) (confirmed with Jan)

The main part of the belt is as tall as the Imperial buckle (unconfirmed)

The "mini-belt" that is woven through, see Jan's Drawings, is about half as tall as the main part. (unconfirmed)

"Sash"

The "sash" is twice as tall as the main part of the belt. (unconfirmed)

The "sash" is dark brown in color. (confirmed with Jan)

The sash is made of a stiff fabric or soft leather with a slight texture to it. (confirmed with Jan) In discussions with Jan, I suggested the use of suede, Jan seemed unsure.

Pouches

While this is seen in Jan's drawings, and solves the "where to put room key and money" question, we did not discuss it.

Guest Anonymous

From the sketches and most of the books it looks to be two small pouches starting at the left hip going around the back and one large pouch on the right (rear) hip?

the thing that gets me is the sasber hook, round seems to be right but where to find a round spring clasp.

This is with a 2" buckle blank (same type used in the movies) and machined imperial disk, 7/8" strip woven through and 4 3/4" sash. Definitely not pleased with the red pleather I chose...

17.JPG

Jason

Guest Darth Revan

I like the belt and sash. I was thinking of using the following for the combo: 1", 2", 4".

I am going to have to agree that the pleather is not a perfect material. I am going to use fiberglass, but thermalpastics and metals would gave the same "solidness" I think the armour needs.

Guest Anonymous

Yep, after reading your post on Jan's idea for the belt sash last night I switched out the 7/8" to 1" and trimmed the sash to 4". I'll finish the pouches tonight and post some more pics. Materials shouldn't run more than $50, Tandy/leather factory has a sale on right now.

I'm considering a 2-3oz. leather piece for the red tabbard.

Jason

Guest Cleverlilminx

Does someone want to create a list of supplies so folks can go to Tandy Leather and order everything they need to make their own belts?

Guest Darth Revan

Will do My Master :P

Next weekend I am raiding Tandy for some supplies and then will make my belt.

Once Jason is done, I will put his shopping list, cost, and finish product up.

I would like to get at least three examples up, so others can see different outcomes.

Guest Cleverlilminx

The main reason this forum is here is to try our very best to make all Imperial Knights look alike.

I don't want a thousand tutorials.

Just the one that nails the details on the head. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Ok special request:

Could the Red and Blue writing be changed in the top post...as I can't read it...slightly colour blind with those colours when written......sorry !

Guest Darth Revan
Delivered as requested and hey it looks better anyway. :wink:

Thank you! ....now it makes more sense! :D

Oh dam, that is not we want. Now is it? :twisted:

Your Welcome :D

Guest Anonymous

OK, added two smaller pouches one larger and I added a loop to the rear in order to keep the saber belt from slipping completely off the sash. I'll touch up the pouch dye tomorrow, it's been a long day...

At this point you're looking at;

-3-4oz. shoulder cut leather(for the sash) 4"

-1 Belt blank (8-10oz.) 2"

-1 Belt buckle blank (rectangle)

-1 Strip of leather (8-10oz.) 1"

-1 Imperial disk

-5 "Baby dot" snap sets

-14 rivets

-1 1" D ring w/ clip

-Dk Brown dye

-2 strips of Velcro

19.JPG

18.JPG

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Hey,

sorry for asking but were you I find these belt buckles? I only could find the tandy leather belt buckles but I think these are not the same ones?

Greetings Guido

Guest Darth Revan

They are the same ones that Tandy sells, except they have a greeble atached to the front. It looks like three washers stacked on top of each other. I will see if I can find the Imperial Officer Detachments tutorial on how to make.

Guest Anonymous

The greeblie I turned out on the lathe, just JB welded on the front;

The circles from largest to smallest:

.95, .85, .75

I've seen a few with a small notch also.

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Hey Darth Raven,

ty very much for the info on the Imperial disk that was great I directly ordered one for my belt.

So Gee2 would it be possible to see a pic from the backside of your belt buckle and how you atached the 2 belts on each side that would be great.

Greetings Guido

Guest Anonymous

The ends of the 1" inner belt are just wrapped around and attached with snaps. One end around the buckle roller and the other has notches just like a normal belt.

***EDIT***

So has anyone else tackled this project yet?

Jason

Guest Anonymous

I have a belt very similar in make to the one below, if I made the 4inch sash to go with one almost identical to this one would it work as a belt? (I am trying to reuse as much of my anakin gear as possible, to reduce $$ in the IK)

pouchfull2.jpg

cd_1.jpg

I would replace the OBI with the leather or stiff sash spoken of and seen in Legacy.

**Im using this as an example, cuz my camera broke and I cant take pictures of my own gear, so thats why these look so sketch for pics**

Guest Anonymous

Near the buckle where it attaches to the belt I have metal not leather for those little strips. I was uncertain because images I had seen showed those two little areas to be shiny.

I also used snaps to attach the 2" with 1" interwoven to the 4" sash part. I hid the snaps under the 1" portions that are showing, this also allows for the belt to stay in place and not droop when the saber is hung from it.

I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Guest Anonymous

Hey all,

so I finished something yesterday what I think did not come out very bad or what would you say?

CIMG2568.jpg

CIMG2569.jpg

CIMG2570.jpg

That belt has a real worn look because moost of the belts I used to create that one are real old lethaer belts that are almoost over 60 years old. The real interresting infos on that belt are that the middle belt I used on that is exactly the same belt that were used over 30 years ago as Darth Vader belts. The smal one is also an old WWII rifle sling that macthed the color of the middle belt also exactly. The right double pouch is exactly the same pouch they used in ANH on Lukes belt what I also thought would be nice and the other single pouch is also an old WWII pouch. So I think that belt comes out very nice and if you would look closer you realy could see that old and worn touches what was exactly what I like to have.

Greetings Guido

Guest Anonymous

Hey Sofie,

ty for the kind words and the complete armor I would use is a set of Sithplanet IK armor made from fibreglas that I modified here and there. I?m also working on the backplate in the moment because that one was missing in the armorset from Sithplanet so I hope it would work what I?m doing because only 4 weeks I have now to get ready and I?m also working on the suit for my son in the moment. We planed to go as father (Vader) and son (Luke) to the costume contest.

Greetings Guido