• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Raven's TIE Factory Starkiller

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've been stalking the boards for about a year now and have finally made enough progress to make a thread for this. I'll start with a little about me, I'm in the Alpine Garrison though still trying to finish my first costume. I'm working on Starkiller and a Scout Trooper.

The progress I have so far is most of the supplies and I'm cutting the fabric for the tunic and pants soon. I'm going to make the armor myself with fiberglass along with the gauntlet.

I'll post pics of the fabric to verify the color when I am able, most likely tonight after work.

Guest Anonymous

Here's the died cloth, the browns aren't showing nearly dark as they are in person in the picture. I did put in a black piece as a reference (the black is a Dockers black). Do the colors overall look right?

[attachment=0]DSCN1610.JPG[/attachment]

Guest Anonymous

I've run into a conundrum... I've been having a hard time finding covertec clips for the belt. I have found one person who sells the correct style on eBay, though I wanted to check here to see if there is a better option before I shell out for shipping from the UK. Anyone have any clues on where else they might be available? It seems that the correct square style is no longer made by covertec which makes this a little difficult.

In other news I am about ready to get started on the fiberglass work and will be working on the cloth parts this weekend.

Guest Daritha

I got my covertechs from a UK vendor, too. They were really good material.

Otherwise, its very difficult to find good covertechs that match Starkiller's.

I hope to load my Starkiller-related website in the next weeks. Maybe, some of the infos and pics there can help you. :)

Guest Daritha

Don't expect too much. It's just a collection of my costumes so far. See the "costume" category on www.gapcomics.net

All the writing about the costume is draining.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to see first pictures of your Star. *g*