• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

very stupid question....

Darth Halcyon

Hi!

My name is Nicole and I’m new to this detachment. I’ve wanted to join the 501st for a long time now, but for the first time I seriously think about the costume I want to join with.

There are a couple of costumes that interest me, but I’m most interested in the EU-Siths. As I’m not too slim and don’t want to show too much skin it is a no-go for me to do some of the female sith outfits.

My favorite outfit is the Starkiller black / red robe. Therefore I have a question, that might be a bit strange.

Is it possible to do this Starkiller outfit if you’re female? As you wear a hood, the biggest part of the face is covered – and for the first time it could be an advantage, that everyone first of all thinks, that I’m male…

I have short brown hair, so the hair thing wouldn’t be too much of a problem, too.

Hope someone could answer this weird question, as I haven’t found anything about it anywhere.

Thanks

Nicole

Hi, Nicole. Welcome to the Flagship.

Here's a tidbit from the 501st charter:

"The 501st Legion is an inclusive, equal-opportunity fan organization and will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, creed, nationality or physical handicap."

We do have some female members who portray male characters. The 501st does not stop anyone from doing so. Of course, there will always be people, both in and outside of the group, who have and probably will continue to discourage such things or make rude comments... but that happens with any any group, it's just a part of human nature that we have to accept when we choose to do things a bit out of the norm. There will also be people who are more than willing to support you, however. I guess it balances out in the end.

Best of luck with your costuming... it's a fun (and quickly addictive) hobby!

Pam :-)

Hi!

Thanks for your reply as well :) I'll do my best to get the Starkiller done as close to the original as possible (yes I will definitly do the Starkiller now, now that the other costume was a bit to difficult and expensive for me ^^)

Nicole

Guest Daritha

Well, I would be delighted to see a female Starkiller; although the costume stays the same. We have male and female Revans or Darth Nihiluses. Also, many Stormtroopers are female. There isn't really a problem there.